Stranded Mopar brother needs help in OKC looking for a running pre-‘67 Slant

-

rmchrgr

Skate And Destroy
Reaction score
Steve Benoit aka themoparwhisperer is broken down and stranded near OKC. His trusty Slant put the #6 rod through the block and he's 1,400 miles from home. If any members in the area have a running Slant he can use to get back home he'd be forever grateful. If you're on IG message him directly or let me know here and I'll relay the message.
Screen Shot 2021-05-14 at 5.38.33 PM.jpg

Just pull the #6 piston out and drive it home...thats nothing on a slant
(Just keep an eye on the oil level)

My Dad is just outside OKC but only does big block stuff. My Uncle there has a 273 but that's no help. Plus, don't know if it would require work. My Dad actually called tonight to ask me if I needed it.

Hell, the Great Plains Mopar Fest or whatever is June 12th just south of OKC. Maybe there will be one there. If he wants he could store it at my Dads place.

Just pull the #6 piston out and drive it home...thats nothing on a slant
(Just keep an eye on the oil level)

Did you read the post under the picture? "nice exit hole in the oil pan".

I have what he needs, but I'm in Georgia.

With over 10,000 members on this site, I have full confidence some good members will help him out. I'll donate money to the effort as long as I'm sure it's real.

Did you read the post under the picture? "nice exit hole in the oil pan".

I have what he needs, but I'm in Georgia.

no i didnt
i read the text above it, which said "rod through the block"

im sure you figured out my post was a little tongue in cheek, but i think a slant 6 with a windowed block could be driven home

a hole in the oil pan...that may be back for the oil pressure

no i didnt
i read the text above it, which said "rod through the block"

im sure you figured out my post was a little tongue in cheek, but i think a slant 6 with a windowed block could be driven home

a hole in the oil pan...that may be back for the oil pressure

I agree. People have told stories about doing it before.

With over 10,000 members on this site, I have full confidence some good members will help him out. I'll donate money to the effort as long as I'm sure it's real.

I think we have "somewhere" over 50K members. If he was local, I'd already be loaded up, cherry picker and all. That would be fun.

I think we have "somewhere" over 50K members. If he was local, I'd already be loaded up, cherry picker and all. That would be fun.

dont lie

he posted this yesterday, you would be back by now, and he'd be on his way home

Yeah me too only I don't have a slant I'd loan him my "318" LOL! heck, I think someone gave it to me for free...

-
Back