Street Outlaws. Are you guys into it

-

pittsburghracer

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I think Flips old Elcomino gets totaled tonight. Flip committed suicide years ago. He was a happy go lucky type of guy and producer of the traction compound many of the guys use. I saw pictures of the car late year after the wreck and it wasn’t pretty.

Watch them all the time when I can, a bunch out of west Memphis Arkansas and Memphis Tennessee

Watch them all the time when I can, a bunch out of west Memphis Arkansas and Memphis Tennessee
The machinist that does the work on my engine, races with them and my grandson used to skate board with the son of the racer Barbaree (55 Chevy Taxi cab.) A bunch of them are out of Junction City and El Dorado, Arkansas.
Norm

I do like the show, some of the personalities I don't like, it would be cooler if cops chased them every once in a while.
I'll never have a car that fast, unless I win Powerball, or I get sponsored (doubt that). I'd like to get into working on cars of that sort, or really any sort of race team. Anyone in south central Washington hiring ?

You guys realize there are several different versions of the show, right? lol. Being from Oklahoma I watch the original occasionally. I've seen a couple of the cars in person. Pretty impressive. I agree though, that the drama is totally ridiculous despite the cars being pretty legit.

The machinist that does the work on my engine, races with them and my grandson used to skate board with the son of the racer Barbaree (55 Chevy Taxi cab.) A bunch of them are out of Junction City and El Dorado, Arkansas.
Norm
:thumbsup:

I think Flips old Elcomino gets totaled tonight. Flip committed suicide years ago. He was a happy go lucky type of guy and producer of the traction compound many of the guys use. I saw pictures of the car late year after the wreck and it wasn’t pretty.
That's pretty sad.

Being that all the cars are trailer queens anyway, I'm hoping to see a solid block injected nitro hemi door slammer. Just to confirm the level of silliness.

Last edited:
I was a witness to how street races were setup and run back in 1975-1976 in my hometown of Norwalk, CA. The cops were always trying to find out the location of the contests since it changed each time (Saturday nights). Sometimes they found out the location and when they showed up all h@ll would break loose with everyone scattering in different directions.
I can’t stand the TV contrived/induced conflicts of Street Outlaws so I don’t watch it.

Pretty much says it all. Eliminate the drama, add some $kin and just race.

I don't mind watching the OKC bunch, the drama and bs I can do without. JJ is one I can take or leave, I watched that "Fastest in America" series, most of the elimination racing was good, too much BS at times, but I just couldn't believe the finals. After the NOLA group had been totally dominant through the elims, they somehow couldn't find their own asses with a map against JJ's group, totally fake IMO.

-
Back