stuck doors!!

-
^^^ I would take off the door panel and see IF the lock is totally releasing from the door latching mechanism. IF the mechanism is free, hold in the door button or handle , and it should spin. IF the door lock thing is sorta up against it and not rally on look position if could cause it to be stuck. Anyway with panel off and a flashlight, you see why is going on BUT IF door won't open!!! Then the seat is probably in way to get off door panel off!!!!! Mycar, the flor wa mostly rusted out, so I jacked it up, cut off rest of bad floor enough I could crawl up in there. TOO old to go thru trunk to get in!!!LOL Then I took loose front seat, and shoved it up under steering column, and then got door panel off. LOL It had 6-8 inches of old seat stuffing mixed with big rat turds!!! Took days of cleaning and washing to get it clean enough to work on!!!

^^^ I would take off the door panel and see IF the lock is totally releasing from the door latching mechanism. IF the mechanism is free, hold in the door button or handle , and it should spin. IF the door lock thing is sorta up against it and not rally on look position if could cause it to be stuck. Anyway with panel off and a flashlight, you see why is going on BUT IF door won't open!!! Then the seat is probably in way to get off door panel off!!!!! Mycar, the flor wa mostly rusted out, so I jacked it up, cut off rest of bad floor enough I could crawl up in there. TOO old to go thru trunk to get in!!!LOL Then I took loose front seat, and shoved it up under steering column, and then got door panel off. LOL It had 6-8 inches of old seat stuffing mixed with big rat turds!!! Took days of cleaning and washing to get it clean enough to work on!!!
My car is in better shape then that haha. I took off the door panel tested the lock and it functions properly. The handles do what they are supposed to do as well. The latch mmoves slightly but doesnt want to go the full way.

20201005_113309.jpg

With door button in or handle pulled, that gear in that mechanism should spin and releases the door. It was working now not! all i can say is huh!!!
Can it be sticking on the part on the B pillow? Your part is different than the one in my B body. You might need to start a new post and get more FABO hounds in this race.
Take a long punch and hammer and smack it some and have someone mash in th door handle button and pull at same time maybe.
When you get it open, use some white grease on it all. Good luck!

With door button in or handle pulled, that gear in that mechanism should spin and releases the door. It was working now not! all i can say is huh!!!
Can it be sticking on the part on the B pillow? Your part is different than the one in my B body. You might need to start a new post and get more FABO hounds in this race.
Take a long punch and hammer and smack it some and have someone mash in th door handle button and pull at same time maybe.
When you get it open, use some white grease on it all. Good luck!
Alright thank you for your help!

-
Back