stuff you're doing while at home

-

mygasser

Reaction score
as we both need to lose some weight i've bought dawn a 70's bsa shopper 20. she showed me a hercules her mum used to have which is basically a copy of a raleigh shopper as is the bsa. only £50 and really in very nice condition. the tyres are cracked so i've ordered 2 new ones and while the wheels are out we'll go over it with some polish and oil. she's happy which as any married man will know is a good thing. for me i have my dad's old again 70's raleigh transit which he used to ride daily at work on a 5 mile loop taking in seasalter seafront. i've kept it meaning to 'do it up one day' as you do. this is that day. so far i've stripped it to the frame and stretched it so the wheelbase is now 18" longer. it's not a show thing so a quick go over the welds with a flapwheel on the grinder and a rub down with a couple of fine-ish da discs and it was ready for paint. 2 coats of rattle can primer and 4 of rattle can gloss black and that's good enough for me. i've ordered new handlebars and stem, gear and brake cables (red outers), 2 chains to get the length and i already have bigger whitewalls and a new comfy gel seat. so here's some pics of where i am so far. i had a quick mockup with the old rolling stock to see the proportions were right once it was all tacked up. the ladies frame beside the extended version was (apart from being a ladies bike) dimensionally the same as i started with.
neil.

IMG_0007 (1).JPG

IMG_0002 (1).JPG

IMG_0003 (1).JPG

IMG_0004 (1).JPG

Nice very cool! I have been busting butt to get my car engine ready I'm getting there I have got alot of work done in the last month and a half

i'm waiting for parts to complete the straight tube axle for my valiant to come from speedway and crank' bearings from summit so i can assemble a small block chevy motor for a 46 chevy leadsled my mate and me are rebuilding for a customer. not quite so fast on the postage as i'm in the uk.
neil.

I am waiting to get my block and heads back from the machinist so I can get my engine put together and get it in the car. But I been getting everything else ready in the mean time. No downtime! Lol

id get all sorts of projects done...if they opened school back up

Finished the kitchen remodel, painted the staircase and finished a cut down church pew in the closet turned nook. And bought a BBP front suspension setup for my Duster. Old stuff will be for sale soon and it’s nice. Gotta find time soon to prime and paint!!

C9322FC9-41BE-4F8E-B137-3CEC4BA1B9E6.jpeg

1603C75B-F9DF-4DEF-9B36-CAC18E1AA0AB.jpeg

CCBD60AD-D570-47D0-A766-41C6B282A086.jpeg

09E6C56D-4F5C-4CB7-B0C7-EE0A0BAAABA6.jpeg

A6C5238B-686F-401E-A92B-F6CD1C688731.jpeg

Been working from home since March 17. Workload has been about the same as before they sent us home. However, not driving 35 min to get home has really freed up a lot of time. I've painted the finished side of the basement - walls and ceiling, changed out all interior light fixtures in the house to LED, painted both stairwells, pre-fabbed a 12x14 pavilion that we are putting up this saturday, dug 4 footers by hand 18x18x30 to anchor each post to, in the process of digging out 5-8 inches deep for the 13x32 paver patio I'm putting in, split a cord and a half of wood, made 3 electric runs thru the basement and into the garage for the work bench, air compressor and future pool filter/pump, mowed the 1.5 acre lawn once a week since mid March, built an L shaped 64sqft platform and laid the tracks for a permanent HO scale 3 train model railroad, cleaned and organized the garage and stopped using the 68 Bcuda ragtop project and Shelby Dakota project as storage shelves/units. We just moved in last July. By Fall, I should be ready to begin the Shelby refresh. I've got a ton of crap done around here. And since schools shut down, I've enjoyed eating breakfast and lunch with the wife and kids every day.

Worked "in the bunker" yesterday and again today. For the moment I'm working part time at home. Yesterday I set up to make 40 more power cables for the drive modules (power wheel chairs). These are a PITA require crimping 3 wires into 2 of the terminals 2X no 10 and 1 no 12

IMG_2514cs.JPG

IMG_2513cs.JPG

IMG_2512cs.JPG

IMG_2510cs.JPG

IMG_2509cs.JPG

Soldering in the motor and main power wires. Notice the gigantic huge, not to mention large American Beauty 250w iron on the right, and the little Metcal soldering station now moved to the left. This is because to get enough heat to solder the no10 wires to the busses in the module, I need both irons, one in each hand!!!

IMG_2521cs.JPG

IMG_2520cs.JPG

IMG_2519cs.JPG

I have been doing my livingroom over with some built-in bookshelves and cabinets, and moved the TV to over the fireplace. And I installed the headlight wiring upgrade that I bought from a member here about 6 months ago. And I installed new soft brake lines on my Dart. Also removed original front drums and put new ones on. I've been very busy, making good use of my time home.

IMG_3200.JPG

oh yeah and new hood fan, rebark flower beds, three different car tune-up, rejetted the six pack, replace broken rocker arm fixed oil leak in timing chain cover , started building Nitrous system , shampooed carpets, and a bunch of other junk today's project irrigation.

as we both need to lose some weight i've bought dawn a 70's bsa shopper 20.

Some try methamphetmine to rev themselves up. Downside? Sudden inclination to take the cars apart, high levels of sexual desire that may include dangerous interludes with highly undesireable partners, difficulty sleeping, tooth loss, bank statement discrepancies, high speed chases on the freeway, profuse sweating on relatively cool days and occasional poor judgement.

Pre-fabbed the beams and roof panels 2 weeks ago. My 12 yr old son helped. This morning, his 23 yr old brother came over and in 3 hours, the 3 of us built this.
Now I need to finish the leveling of the earth and prep for the pavers that get delivered next week.

88686.jpeg
88687.jpeg
88684.jpeg

Working on growing in the lawn where the front paver walk was installed this time last year. It seems to be coming along well enough.

Last year...

1EAD2898-3492-4E6E-A267-82343D31F6D0.jpeg

Now...

F99FEF5C-0088-4C47-866D-11D9AB9B82E6.jpeg

-
Back