Stupid question

-

moparsons

Reaction score
On a 69 Dart rearview mirror......is there a way to tighten the little ball swivel at the top? At a glance I don't see it :dontknow:

yes you can, take the mirror off and you will see a plate that is triangular in shape with a hole in the center that the ball is exposed from. Remove that plate (three screws) put it on the anvil part of your bench vise and hit it a few times to put a mild curve to it and put it back together. Should be tight after that!

Have you taken the mirror down and looked underneath? Some have a plate that simply holds pressure against the ball. If this is the case with yours you can remove the plate and flatten it some or add a small shim to create a little more resistance.

Nope....haven't taken it out yet (but I will). I figured it might be possible under there. Thanks guys.

wow,thanks for asking this.Mine is also loose.Now I can tighten it,lol

No prob......I actually saw a few other members had mentioned it on the "what bugs you about your car" thread, so I knew I wasn't the only guy with the floppy rear view out there. :-D

Just don't make it to tight or you will not be able to move it at all. Ask me how I know. LOL

-
Back