-
Status
Not open for further replies.

seymour_scamp

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Contact seller
Made these weld-in subframe connectors. They are for a 108" wheelbase car. Similar to Mancini's. Made with 2x1x.125 tubing. These should go in without any cutting/modification to floor or anything, but not lose any ground clearance since made with 2x1 tube. Welds aren't too pretty(p.o.s. helmet). I made a set similar for my 72 scamp last year, but made tweaks so these will weld in easy.

I will sell for $85 plus shipping from Seymour, IN

I can make some more sets next weekend if anyone is interested please pm me. I assume a 111" wheelbase would require 3" longer connectors...

Attachments

• pic1.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 5,334
  • pic2.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 5,580
I just made a set for myself, $40 would not cover the time and material - sometimes I wonder about people - people should be fair about things - $80 - $85 bucks is a fair price - about half what a commerical pair would cost.

Good Luck with your business,

Sam

I am not sure of the wheelbase of my 73 dart but if they will fit I will take a set and thanks for the work and the offer

Just confirmed my car (72 Scamp) is 111" wheelbase. That is what this design is for.

Can anyone confirm the difference in the 108" to 111" wheelbase would just be 3 inches in length between the subframes?

From allpar.com:

Attachments

• wheelbase1.JPG
    12.8 KB · Views: 4,714
Sale pending on this first set. Anyone else interested in a set let me know, I might make a couple sets this weekend anyway, If they don't sell on here I could always resort to Ebay...8)

here is link to the Hotchkis connectors
http://www.hotchkis.net/108_wheelbase_dodge_plymouth_abody_sub_frame_connectors.html

275.00 is the price listed on their web site

and here is the Mancini version,, not powder coated, so a better comparison

at 142.00

http://chucker54.stores.yahoo.net/mopbod108whe.html

seymour scamp,,, yours do look good,, I'm just not ready for them yet, I have put your contact info in my parts contact file

question,, the Hotchkis photos show what appears to be an angle on the front foot or so,, would that pull the connector up closer to the floor?

Sale pending on this first set. Anyone else interested in a set let me know, I might make a couple sets this weekend anyway, If they don't sell on here I could always resort to Ebay...8)

I`ll take a set for 111" WB but it`ll have to wait till after the Holidays....say income tax time??

I`ll take a set for 111" WB but it`ll have to wait till after the Holidays....say income tax time??

Same here, I'd love a set for my '70 Duster (108" wb) but have to wait for tax returns next year before I can start buying parts again...

No problem guys... just pm me when you're ready for a set. If i don't have any ready give me a week tops to get them shipped out.

My68barracuda... the hotchkis just have bigger tube and an extra bracket to weld on the front. They won't provide any better ground clearance. I designed these for the average guy to use a c-clamp to clamp to the front crossmenber and use a hammer to tap the rear channel up into place. Then start welding your heart out!

I would like to offer a version for convertibles... can anyone get me some dimensions of the toque boxes and the distance of them to the front frame?

What would be the shipping charge to Washington state (98664)..? And I'm talk'n el-cheap-o in a mule drawn cart, ha, ha... If you (anyone) know, then please share.

They look plenty stout and fair priced for sure.
Would these fit my 72 Duster..? Maybe that's already been answered in here & I missed it.

many thx. Craig ~

Seymour, how heavy are those thing's? Just wondering how bad the shipping will be to the old homestead (68134).

I would like to offer a version for convertibles... can anyone get me some dimensions of the toque boxes and the distance of them to the front frame?

seymour, my car is mothballed (oops, not this year, it is dryer sheeted thanks to memike :D) for the winter, but I will go over tomorrow and get some measurements.

How much for my 71 Duster shopped to York, Pa 17403?

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back