subframe connectors

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
i received the first pair of connectors today, they look even better in person, it took a week to get hear and the shipping wasnt much ! (im guessing they are about 16 to 20 lbs.) these are very nice, good design and solid welds end to end. they are identicle by length and width and were not just chopped and slapped together, I give them an A

thanks again.

I guess I need to find out what size I would need for my 66 Valiant sedan, same as a 66 barracuda I would think ???
Sounds like you make a nize=P~ pair of connectors Ed :cheers:

Yes Dryer sheets will keep the varmints out and bugs :cheers:

66 Valiant would be the same as early Barracuda but I don't think there are any pre-made frame connectors available for the early A bodies. You'll probably have to make your own. There is a member here who made his own set like those made by US Cartools that are contoured to fit the floor pan. Don't remember his name but he was nice enough to send me a set of templates. Unfortunately they're buried somewhere & I'm not sure where they are or I'd trace a copy for you.

somone should do a write up with pics on a install.
I already have a set on my car but I think these look alot nicer than what I have.

I would be interested in a set for a 73 duster...Do I have to cut the floor to get theses to fit..

I try'd to get a shipping price but I could fins which one to use...

Shipping prices sent by pm. No cutting required for dusters.

As far as early a-bodies... I would make sets if somebody could post the requirements. I know that's kind of a pain but easier than me finding one to measure off of!

should be gettin close to page three..

pm sent

Made these weld-in subframe connectors. They are for a 108" wheelbase car. Similar to Mancini's. Made with 2x1x.125 tubing. These should go in without any cutting/modification to floor or anything, but not lose any ground clearance since made with 2x1 tube. Welds aren't too pretty(p.o.s. helmet). I made a set similar for my 72 scamp last year, but made tweaks so these will weld in easy.

I will sell for $85 plus shipping from Seymour, IN

I can make some more sets next weekend if anyone is interested please pm me. I assume a 111" wheelbase would require 3" longer connectors...
If you are selling these frame connectors for 85.00 you are doing the mopar people a great justice.We as mopar people need people like you to make things affordable.yOU ARE A FIVE STAR PERSON.THANKS seymour_scamp :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

That is not so bad and it will help another FABO member..somehow, I am going to try to convince the accountant..after x-mas always sucks..

How long will you be willing to make these ?

Grassy

Maybe someone who has used these can answer this. Do they contact the bottom of the floor pan in the center, if not how far away are they?

I got my pair today. Let me tell ya, EXCELLENT deal for the dough!! Can't thank you enough for taking care of us board members...

They were packaged nice, too: plastic tie-tied together, double cardboard over the ends and wrapped with alot of shrink wrap!

Seymour Scamp,

Have you made a set for an early A? I belive the wheelbase for my early barracuda is 106 inches.

TX

Yes I have made a set for a 66 valiant. The member measured his car & was 43 inches frame to frame which is actually 2" longer than 111" wheelbase cars and he said his was also listed as 106" wheelbase.

I have also made duster sets (108" wheelbase)... and all sets should not contact your floor. Should be at least 1/4" at closest points.

Thanks

Seymour - I am only about 90 miles from you. Do you install too? If so, how much $$$?

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back