Summit Electric Cutout Kits Beware!

-
what jbc426 did in that video: startled the **** out of me and made my air freshener fall off the mirror. And if the wife had been with me, forgetaboutit :)

Nice looking setup you made . Does it run on vacuum ?

Yes Jerry6, I have a vacuum canister hiding under the street rod. On my 69 Barracuda, I have a big vacuum canister (Hi-C fruit juice can) under the left front fender. That way, you can open them at WOT and have enough pull to yank them all the way.
Tom

I've had DMH 3" electric cutouts on my big block Duster for a few months now and I can honestly say there are ZERO downsides to these things, they are a total blast!
I don't use them to pull into car shows or anything like that, just like to bang gears with them opened up for a few seconds on a back road. I can run quiet turbo mufflers and just crack open the cutouts slightly and it just gives it a little more growl.

The DMH's were about $380 total but he was easy to deal with and said his switches never short out or break, and if it did he'd just send me a new one. He also warranties the cutouts unless they've been smashed into the ground.

I have about 2' of pipe after my header collectors, then the cutouts, it sounds perfect to me.

-
Back