Summit Electric Cutout Kits Beware!

Mopar Exhaust Systems

1. ralleyred

ralleyred Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    1:24 PM
    what jbc426 did in that video: startled the shit out of me and made my air freshener fall off the mirror. And if the wife had been with me, forgetaboutit :)

2. VOETOM

VOETOM Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    3:24 PM

Yes Jerry6, I have a vacuum canister hiding under the street rod. On my 69 Barracuda, I have a big vacuum canister (Hi-C fruit juice can) under the left front fender. That way, you can open them at WOT and have enough pull to yank them all the way.
    Tom

3. ProSport

ProSport Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    9:24 PM
    I've had DMH 3" electric cutouts on my big block Duster for a few months now and I can honestly say there are ZERO downsides to these things, they are a total blast!
    I don't use them to pull into car shows or anything like that, just like to bang gears with them opened up for a few seconds on a back road. I can run quiet turbo mufflers and just crack open the cutouts slightly and it just gives it a little more growl.

The DMH's were about $380 total but he was easy to deal with and said his switches never short out or break, and if it did he'd just send me a new one. He also warranties the cutouts unless they've been smashed into the ground.

I have about 2' of pipe after my header collectors, then the cutouts, it sounds perfect to me.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalize content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.