summit free shipping to Canada ????

-

jimjimjimmy

lobsterman
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
i thought summit offered free shipping to Canada on orders over 500.00 bucks . my order came to 1400.00 and they want 300.00 to ship ?? maybe there is a CODE ??? or was this a one shot deal ?

I know they used to offer it, but never took advantage of it unfortunately. BUT it had a caveat the free shipping was via COURIER, not USPS/Canada Post. So the couriers would rape you anyway coming in with new trinkets.
i thought summit offered free shipping to Canada on orders over 500.00 bucks . my order came to 1400.00 and they want 300.00 to ship ?? maybe there is a CODE ??? or was this a one shot deal ?

i just checked tonight and the free shipping was offered to me . thanks Summit .

Ok, so bit the bullet and me and @CFD244 placed an order with Summit.
Prior to ordering I called Summit and spoke to a knowledgable employee about the "free shipping". Short version is FedEx has the contract(winning bid). Fedex has a daily truck that leaves Summit in Ohio(and Ohio only)to a FedEx facility in Mississauga Ontario. Makes sense. Gentleman at Summit was very knowledgable and not in a rush. No shipping from any Summit location to Canada other than Ohio. He said that when placing order online to specify "Ohio store pickup " at beginning of the order. This is done basically as a "stock check" for Ohio warehouse.(remember only Ohio ships to Canuckistan).
Once you figured out your order, change it to ship to your address, as long as your order is $299 US, it ships "free", BUT there are "fees/taxes". Well of course there is lol. Summit employee said you pay Summit(added to order prior to checkout) SO NO SURPRISES!! Which is my beef with any of the couriers. Thanked guy for his time, probably talked for 20 minutes.
So placed order online, checked Ohio stock, then went to checkout. Ship to address in and $58 US extra in fees. I was surprised, actually not too horrible. Our parts total was $318(6 rotors and a Trickflow balancer), add the $58 in fees. $376 US total. Packages came today while I was out. No extra EXTRA fees. So
shipment came in 2 boxes. 50lbs and 15x15x15 inches EACH.
That $376 US= $480 CDN. Not bad really for 6 rotors and a TF balancer delivered.
Thumbs up to Summit and FedEx!:thumbsup:
Ps
I checked USPS and Fedex website to see what they would charge for shipping to me....:wtf::BangHead:

Oh also Trickflow is Aussie made?:thumbsup:
Sorry for long explanation, if you have any more questions call Summit or FedEx yourself lol.
Last pic is a USPS quote for EACH box, so double the pricing.

20210603_180241.jpg

20210603_180214.jpg

View attachment 1715746713

20210603_180916.jpg

20210603_192825.jpg

20210603_192426.jpg

Last edited:
One other thing, I ordered this on May 31st essentially and it was here today. Ordered and to my door in under a week.
TF balancer looks nice, heavy as hell tho. Laser etched every 90* and a 0-60 scale. Not sure how durable the etching is. Wont be "needing" it for awhile but seeing how more and more shortages there are I didn't want to miss out on rotors or the balancer.

20210603_212602.jpg

20210603_212616.jpg

20210603_212624.jpg

Just doing math here and for this order anyway the "fees" charged upfront were 18%. Parts were $318 and fees were $58. I come up with 18%. In order to get a KNOWN free shipping and fees, I'll call this a win. So currently us Canucks are paying 18% (at this time), then a 1.25 conversion.

Never had any issues with USPS or Canada Post service. Prices are now high tho, but I would rather pay higher prices up front than be surprised courier "fees".
Regarding USPS. I ordered a hood to rad seal from Metro Molded in Minnesota June 3. shipped June 16 (because they had to make one first) but it took from June 16 till June 28 to come by USPS and Canada Post to Hamilton. 12 days??? UPS from Summit OH usually arrives 1 to 3 days. Just sayin.

i"ve ordered twice in the last while both were over $500 and shipping was about $100 each.

6 rotors and a TF balancer was "free" shipping. Extra fees were $58 I believe. Approx $400 order. Zero issues and was here in approx a week? I'm never in a hurry anyway lol.
I would be contacting Summit if you had a $100 shipping bill.
Regarding USPS. I ordered a hood to rad seal from Metro Molded in Minnesota June 3. shipped June 16 (because they had to make one first) but it took from June 16 till June 28 to come by USPS and Canada Post to Hamilton. 12 days??? UPS from Summit OH usually arrives 1 to 3 days. Just sayin.

i"ve ordered twice in the last while both were over $500 and shipping was about $100 each.

I have made about 8 Summit orders in the last year. I got free shipping on all of them. Just make sure there is nothing oversized on your order or you pay shipping on the whole order. I use the Summit app on my phone to order and right at your shopping cart you can estimate shipping to be sure it comes in as free Shipping. It also shows the other fees mentioned by @4spdragtop above. It's real easy! Maybe too easy!
All my orders have been on my doorstep 6 days after the order was placed. Now that said, I ensured they had stock prior to ordering and none was coming direct from manufacturer. I have been very happy with Summit through the pandemic!

Cley

The ONLY Summit facility that's ship to us Canucks is the Ohio location. Make sure when you place your order that is the location you are selecting from.

-
Back