Summit or Jegs Exhaust kits

-

Brian

Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with the Summit or Jegs brand exhaust kits? Are they good quality, good fit, etc? The price is right, however $175 to $200 for a header back, dual exhaust with mufflers might be too good to be true.

I have heard good things about them. I'll be looking here for a been there done that or a report from mikey parts since I'm almost there myself.
I didn't call them on it. But I didn't notice a H pipe in the kit. I think for the extra cash for it, it would be good to get.

I don't know about the complete systems. But I got an X pipe setup from
Jegs. Fit and quality was very good. Sure helped with torque in the Duster.

briankaplan said:
I don't know about the complete systems. But I got an X pipe setup from
Jegs. Fit and quality was very good. Sure helped with torque in the Duster.
Hows about a few details in whos X pipe and perhaps a picture or 2?

I bought one of Summit's H-pipe kits and it was very easy to install and I welded mine all up. I too would like to know about the full exhaust kits. I'd be interested even if they fit okay....like I needed to trim some pipes but I'd want the bends to all be accurate.

Sorry, unable to post pics. But it worked easy. Just took out the front pipe.
It was a H pipe setup. Used it as a template for the X pipe. Pipes fit together
very well. If you really want to change over I would recomend using an X pipe
for the torque and extra horse power. I got the setup from Jegs, but the one
from Summit should be the same.

I have the 2 1/2 kit from Summit laid out on the garage floor for my 70 Dart. Bends are very nice and looks like a good piece overall.

One thing I don't like is the tailpipes are in two pieces with a joint above the axle. I'd prefer a one piece tailpipe, but, understand the issue with shipping. It looks like the pipes were split to make the box smaller.

The Summit kit is set up to work with Hooker Competition headers. If you have a different brand you are likely in for some cutting to make it fit better. I'm taking a set of Hooker Comps off, hate the low hanging drivers side, and putting on TTi's. TTi's appear to exit further back than the comp headers.

I paid $179 for the Summits and would gladly do it again instead of $500 from the other guys... I can still upgrade the mufflers if I want and be WAY under the other guys prices.

Hi Brian, I just put on the Summit exhaust two weeks ago. For the price I can't complain at all. I have Hooker headers so that helped. The drivers side went on fast but the passenger side took a lot of work. I think that's going to happen because the headers aren't going to be the same everytime. The pipes were bent nice and all the hardware worked good. The muffers are the lowest ones but the measurements are close to FlowMasters. Good luck.

Thanks for the feedback. It sounds like these are a good deal as everyone has positive feedback. I'll be placing an order soon. :thumblef:

I have a brand new Summit exhaust kit in the box unopened if anyone needs one PM me. I am in NY near Niagara Falls. I sold my car and never installed this. I just got the kit a couple weeks ago. Thanks.

I installed the Summit full 2 1/2" exhaust kit on my Demon, behind a set of Summit headers. As mentioned above the quality of the kit seemed good, bends were good and the kit fit together well. The Drivers side went in without any problems. I would highly recommend trimming the exhaust pipe by 1" where it plugs into the exit side of the muffler (right before it goes over the axle). After doing this the exhaust pipe tucked in behind the frame rail perfectly, and it increased clearance around the axle by moving all of the pipe after the muffler towards the front of the car by about 1". At least this is how it fit my Demon...

The passenger side took a bit longer, mostly because I had to drill a mounting hole for the muffler hanger, and get a braket for the rear exhaust hanger.

The only other issue I have had is the passenger pipe gets a little too close to the driveline for my liking. But I am in the process of fixing that issue.

The summit kit also sounds pretty good. Not too loud but definately has a nice powertone.

Next step for me will be the X pipe kit.

I also just got the summit 2 1/2" kit today. i swung the extra 30$ for the H-pipe. I've got it all laid out on the floor and it looks pretty good. I'm also using Hooker Comps. It was a good price and it all seems like quality stuff. 71..whats the sound comparable to?

I don't really have a basis for comparrison. I have heard it compared to flowmasters but I am not sure. It is not as loud as glass-packs, but still has a nice powertone when you rev it. I am very happy with the sound.

I have a brand new Summit exhaust kit in the box unopened if anyone needs one PM me. I am in NY near Niagara Falls. I sold my car and never installed this. I just got the kit a couple weeks ago. Thanks.

holy cow...I forgot what board I was on...I was waiting for some Mod(who thinks MUCH too highly of himself) from the board I thought I was on...lets just call him "John" to try and ban you for advertising in the non advertising section lol...thank god you guys are much cooler than that :)

I just finished installing a Jegs kit over the weekend and I'm really pretty unhappy with the fit of it. It's always a possibility that I screwed something up, but the instructions weren't worth a crap. I managed to make it work, but if I had the choice to get my money back and take it somewhere to have it done I would. It does sound pretty good though.
-Jon

-
Back