summit shortys?

-

KramerSwinger70

70 Dart Swinger360
Reaction score
after a little exhaust discussion with a buddy, he directed me to the following link for headers for my 360. i dont know much about summit and if this pasrticular item is worth the $300 tag.

any tips? my 360 is complete minus exhaust manifolds/headers and carb so im trying to start bringin parts together for when i rebuild it and these shortys look like a good deal and wont scrape

I would look in to a set of Dougs my self. They are a long tube header that don't hang low and wont scrap but I think are around 600 or so.

I believe the shorty headers in question have interference issues with the steering column in an A-body.

are there any performance gains to be had with long tube or mid range as oppose to shortys?

The long tubes will genrely make more power over all and more TQ and a lot more TQ down low. I would only run a shorty if there was not enough room for a full length header and we have that with the Dougs or TTI's. But thats just me.

I believe the shorty headers in question have interference issues with the steering column in an A-body.

thats could be an oproblem i spoze! haha man i hate how difficult it is to just buy a part and have it fit properly. o well, any other suggestions? im open to any kind of good quality header or maniolfd for this project. i just want the car to run as well as it can, and headers do that job.

I'd look into ethier Doug's headers or TTI's.

just went to the dougs header site. looks like for my application, "tri-Y" headers are what i need for this build. idle to 4500 rpm TQ and max fuel economy. definatly what i need!

-
Back