Suspension Rebuild Kit?

-

Scanch

Reaction score
AB2DA054-2A5A-4BFC-ADC3-5D821E2752B1.png
So next on my list for my 64 Signet is the front suspension. I think the only thing that has been touched ever is the addition of KYB shocks. The rubber seals have seen better days so I am assuming it would be a good move to do a front suspension replacement? I saw rebuild kits like this one and was curious what the experts out there think/recommend.

I ‘m not a pro but I just did my 68 Barracuda with a kit from Classic Ind .. It worked great and I’m very happy with it ..

If you are going to rebuild it, go all the way. Rubber parts deteriorate over time & piece mealing it will get you nowhere fast. Be sure to find a quality alignment shop that is well versed in Mopars. I'm sure someone on this site can direct you to one in your area.

I second PST. I did my 66 suspension a year and a half ago and am happy with their products. Also got torsion bars from them.

Suggestion though. If you don't have a lot of tools and a hydraulic press, I would remove the upper and lower control arms, and take them along with the bushings to a shop.

I spent a lot of time doing one lower control arm bushing. Then took the other lower control arm to a shop. They charged $12 to do it, but I would have gladly paid $25 lol.

The other thing that will make a HUGE difference is rebuilding the steering coupler. It really helped mine.

I second PST. I did my 66 suspension a year and a half ago and am happy with their products. Also got torsion bars from them.

Suggestion though. If you don't have a lot of tools and a hydraulic press, I would remove the upper and lower control arms, and take them along with the bushings to a shop.

I spent a lot of time doing one lower control arm bushing. Then took the other lower control arm to a shop. They charged $12 to do it, but I would have gladly paid $25 lol.

The other thing that will make a HUGE difference is rebuilding the steering coupler. It really helped mine.
Good advice . I also took lca bushing to a shop

who sells that ebay one? what brand and quality of parts are they using?

i think i'd call PST. you get a forum distcount too..

If you are going to rebuild it, go all the way. Rubber parts deteriorate over time & piece mealing it will get you nowhere fast. Be sure to find a quality alignment shop that is well versed in Mopars. I'm sure someone on this site can direct you to one in your area.

Haven’t seen much Mopar around my town. Mostly Chevy boys. Hoping I ended up meeting someone in my area that can help me out. This is my first classic. Had her for almost 6 months. For now I will keep counting on all the guys on FABO!

-
Back