Sway bar adapter

-

phish1270

phish1270
Reaction score
I recently bought a sway bar from PST to install on my '65 Barracuda. My car did not have one originally so I am having to make it fit. I am not all that impressed with the brackets supplied to attach it to the frame. I am getting ready to pay someone to weld some homemade brackets to the k-frame for me but I was doing a little more research & found these sway bar adapters (circled in picture) mentioned in a couple of threads on the forum & in an article in Mopar Muscle magazine. I have found an Energy Suspension kit that includes these but it comes with bushings & brackets also & I do not need all of that stuff since it came with my new bar. Are these still available & can they be bought separately? Thanks for the time.

sway bar adapter.jpg

I've got a set of those brackets you circled in red. Bought them years ago for a 69 Charger IIRC. Think they might have been only for a B Body.

That picture is from a Mopar Muscle article that they put those parts on a 340 Dart & the thread that led me to it was a couple of guys having used brackets like those on early 70s Darts. I wonder if they made different sized ones. Are the k-frames different in that area between A & B bodies? For what I am going to pay someone to make & weld plates to my k-frame these might be a better option. I could even still get them welded but they would look better than some homemade brackets. I may just order the whole set from Energy & just hold onto the extra bushings.

I know they'll fit a B Body; for an A Body idk. K Frames could well be similar in the sway bar mounting area. If you want to try these, let me know and I'll send 'em off to you.

Hey Glenn - here a quick picture of the brackets. They sure look the same!

003.jpg

-
Back