sway bar on 6 cyl duster

-

LETSRACE

Reaction score
Has anyone added front sway bar to a 6 banger duster? I am not able to tell by the service manual picture if the brcket on the lower control arm is all one assembly or if it can be added.

You can add it or get the bolt on type that attaches to the lower shock bolt and , like stock, the front of k member. Only cars that came equipped with a sway have the tabs on the lower control arms, the holes on the k member all cars have that I've seen.

I have both.

Also I recommend to everyone that they oval their end link bushings so that the sway bar can still do it's job without binding the front end when leaving the line hard, allowing it to lift and get the weight transfered.

Our kit includes brackets to attach the end links to the control arm if not equipped with a factory sway bar. One of our test fit vehicles was a 74 Dart 6 cyl car.

Hey Dave---

Will Hellwig produce aftermarket bars for earlier Abodies (1968 - 72) equipped from the factory with a front sway bar, i.e. factory 340 equipped cars?

I found putting a bar on my 67 no stabilizer bar equipped B body quite easy. Putting a bar on an either a 67-72 or the 73 and later A body should be just as easy.

It was really simple to weld brackets across the legs of the K frame and suspend the stabilizer bar just below the K frame on strut type mounts. Lower control arm brackets were carved from chunks of 2X2" rectangular tubing and welded on. I think I used the end links that came with the junk yard bar, but the commonly available aftermarket ones look fancier.

It was a 1 3/16" police bar off a 79 that required narrowing 4" to fit where I wanted it to by putting it in the 70 ton press at work, and bending it cold, but that's a whole other story.

Those kits are already in production.

P/N 55906 1-1/8" Tubular FSB for 67-72 Mopar A-Body
P/N 5906 1-1/8" Solid FSB for 67-72 Mopar A-Body

Both kits are bolt on kits that use our 1 piece K-Member mounts shown below. They are designed to work on vehicles with or without the factory end link tabs. Our tubular sway bar p/n 55906 weighs 9 lb while the solid version p/n 5906 weighs 16lb. Both are in stock and available.

356976020.jpg

I used a 1 1/8 off a 69 Super Bee and wow! What a difference. Still have six cyl torsion bars and it handles descent.

Has anyone found 1.125" to be overkill for the majority of street driven a-bodies?

I have a 1.125 (I believe most of the aftermarket bars are 1.125) ADDCO on the front of my 68 Barracuda and find it to work very well.

i have the hollow hellwig on my slant 6 duster with 920 bars and kyb shocks its not too harsh at all. handles pretty nice. im putting 1" bars in when i put the big block in. the hellwig bars has really nice hardware. the hollow tube is an added bonus.

Vs29H1B - Our bars will work with the factory tabs for the end link mounts on the control arm or with our tabs if you don't have the factory tabs. We provide the option in the kit for either style.

-
Back