-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobbycz

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
These are a set of T/A Cylinder Heads suitable for rebuilding. They will get to the machine shop to be cleaned up and Magnafluxed for cracks prior to sale. They require offset rocker arm assembly not included.

$1,000.00 Price is firm.

Attachments

• 100_0424.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 1,778
  • 100_0423.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 2,405
Can I have a picture of the intake ports showing the pushrod pinch not being there?

He has pics of the offset pushrod holes, also showing the "915" casting.
But like Rumblefish asked, the pic of the intake port will tell more.

Just look at the picture on the left. It tell the story. T/A heads

T/A heads had the pushrod hole machined further away from the intake port, but the "pinch" was still there. All 915 castings were the same overall, just the pushrod hole was relocated and chamber machined for 2.02" valves.

It might be easier to tell what those heads actually are with a photo from the top.

Comparing the pushrod hole locations with some reference points, it does appear that these are T/A heads with the holes further out than the "regular" heads below. They are further away from the long, thin "pads" just under the intake ports.

Attachments

• mopar-340-x-head-mopar-cuda-challenger-dart-charger_310275269719.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 1,617
  • P1010071.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 1,578
that is correct ..only difference between a J head and a TA head is the offset pushrods..

the pitch on the intake will still be there...

Thank you for the interesting inputs. These are real T/A heads as many of you have described. I am laid up at the moment but in a week or so I should be able to get them to the shop and strip them down and do the clean up and mag them. I can then post more pics if someone is interested in buying them.

here is a drawing to compare where the pushrod holes are..

Attachments

• e265_1.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 3,190
They look exactely like the heads I have, only I also have the rockers and pushrods with them. I still haven't figured out what to do with them.

Good luck with your sale.

Antoon

Thanks for all the discussion.

Now is anyone in need of a set of these?

What about the rocker arms? Do you have the t/a rocker arms to go with these?

Are you listing these where T/A or AAR guys can find them.

The value of these heads comes from the fact they are needed for restorations.

1. No I do not have a set of rockers just the bare heads.
  2. What sites would you recommend that I visit to get more exposure to the T/A and AAR crowd.
  3. I have had them on EBay with little interest. But maybe I will try them there again.
I just sold a nice set of X Heads and a nice clean '69 340 block so I am getting some room in the garage. I can trip over these T/A heads a while longer until I find someone who really needs them.

Thanks again for all the input.

As previously stated you need to market these to some one restoring a T/A or AAR car. The price you are asking you can get from that crowd or maybe even more. For someone looking for heads for a non T/A AAR car, RHS heads new cost your asking price and flow better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back