T56 magnum install 69 Cuda

-
Yes that is all TTI headers and 3" exhaust. It works great.
We are planning to finish the floor this week... Mabe even tomorrow with any luck. Thanks for the comment!!

Did you consider welding some tubes into the upper crossmember where the bolts go through? I'm sure the 1/4" is pretty dang stiff, but it would help to keep the crossmembers from collapsing if you crank the bolts down too much.

We did add tubes where the bolts go thru for that very reason!! Great minds think alike. MOPAR!!!! Todd

What do you mean??? I love discussing this stuff!!

When I started it I was only going to put in the trans and related necessities. Now I have since pulled the engine,swapping oil pans,roller rockers,fluidampr,ez efi,25 gallon fuel tank with surge tank,widening rear wheels,B body 8 3/4, new front buckets and reupholsterd back seat, new gauges,completely new exhaust and rewiring! Oh and 14" dr. Diff front brakes! Yeah snowballed $$. If I'm still married when it gets back under power then I guess that will be a victory....

We are currently seeing if there is enough interest to go forward with the kits.
We have been checking on getting the patent, and then produce them if there is an interest. These parts are very strong.... and costly to make. Thanks for the interest. We are trying to figure out what would be a reasonable price for them as well. More info should be available shortly.
Todd

:burnout:

We are looking into various shops to build these 2 parts. The torsion bar frame support and the transmission mount. It looks like these will need to sell around $700.00. I think we can get them down to about $600.00 if we get 10 or more, and can make a run of them.
Let me know what you guys think. Mine are made out of 1/4" carbon steel. I think 3/16 would be quite strong, but it really doesn't affect the price much. Please give me feedback so I can either bail out, or move forward. Thanks so much guys!!!! Todd

We are looking into various shops to build these 2 parts. The torsion bar frame support and the transmission mount. It looks like these will need to sell around $700.00. I think we can get them down to about $600.00 if we get 10 or more, and can make a run of them.
Let me know what you guys think. Mine are made out of 1/4" carbon steel. I think 3/16 would be quite strong, but it really doesn't affect the price much. Please give me feedback so I can either bail out, or move forward. Thanks so much guys!!!! Todd

Does it have to be carbon steel? That seems above what is needed. Couldn’t it just be steel? Your design looks solid enough that you could fab it out of aluminum and still maintain structual integrity.

I had an engineer look at the original design from the factory.
The real problem is the height of the support. The original stamped steel is remarkably strong once welded to the floorboard. Spot welded at that. So trying not to raise the floor a bunch requires pretty strong material. Plus it needs to be welded to the remaining portions of the crossmember, so steel is better. Carbon steel or cold rolled ... Either would be fine I am sure, but that doesn't do much to the cost. Great points!! Todd

We are currently putting the floor back in the car. I will post photos as soon as possible.

I am interested but I don't have a trans yes so I couldn't commit.

By the way, are your gauges 5" and 2 5/8"?

Thanks,
Mike

Here is our progress as of Friday afternoon. I am hoping to finish up today. More pics then.

Attachments

• 20120428TJ 004.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 1,240
  • 20120428TJ 006.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 1,235
  • 20120428TJ 009.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 1,282
pictures

Attachments

• 20120428tj 010.jpg
    150.1 KB · Views: 1,259
  • 20120428tj 011.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 1,210
  • 20120428tj 012.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 1,209
  • 20120428tj 013.jpg
    152.6 KB · Views: 1,258
  • 20120428tj 016.jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 1,224
that is the original type automatic transmission carpet set.
It lays down right with the seats in it... hard to tell in the picture.
Most people would never even notice that the tunnel is slightly larger than original. We are almost finished....

Todd

very, very beautiful job. Im also interested in a kit. I'll be using a 2006 viper srt10 T56 transmission with a 440 in a 1967 barracuda fastback

Is that an E body pistol grip handle or a B body one? I've debated getting one for some time now on my 4 speed but would like to get some measurements of the differences between the two to make a little cardboard mock up or something to see where the handle will be in different gears. The shifter on the T56 is a little further back than the stock location isn't it (as well as centered instead of offset)?

that is the original type automatic transmission carpet set.
It lays down right with the seats in it... hard to tell in the picture.
Most people would never even notice that the tunnel is slightly larger than original. We are almost finished....

Todd

Looks good! You are going to want to be able to remove the shifter mechanism from the top if you ever have to remove the trans IMO. On my car the oil pan will hit the steering linkage before it drops far enough to allow the trans to slide out of the bellhousing. With the shifter gone that problem is solved and it comes out slick.

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 1,178
Our setup is a t56 magnum with the QuickTime bellhousing, using an e-body shifter.
The rearmost shift location needs to be used, and it is perfectly located. It has a super comfortable shifter location.
I will get some dimensions from the firewall tomorrow.
72bbswinger, our setup will allow the tranny to drop enough to get the shifter off from underneath...., however, I am not sure of any reason to do it. IMO.
We are running the milodon low-profile oil pan... It has a raised area where the steering shaft crosses over.
We finished all the floor welding.... Seam sealed and painted everything. Putting the carpet, seats, and sills in tomorrow....

-
Back