T56 magnum install 69 Cuda

-
Is the shifter located about where the stock shifter would be located in a a-body 4 speed car.....which pistol grip did you use.....i was wondering about the use of a console.....the shifter looks like it is centered in the floor which would make it easier.....thanks eugene.

I do have some pictures with a console sitting in the car. I will upload them.
It would be very easy to use a console with this setup. Again, it is hard to tell the floor has been altered. Todd

What would the price be for the installation kit.....are you hooked up to the original mechanical cable or to some type of electronics is it accurate.....thanks webby.

These parts will run around $799.00. Still working on some details as to whether there is enough interest to make a lot of them... Then the price could go down a bit. We are trying to gauge the interest. This transmission has both a mechanical speedo output, as well as an electronic output. We are running the electronic tothe aftermarket gauges in the car. Speedo is very accurate.
Thanks so much!! Todd

Do you know what years that tranny came in? I want to keep an eye out for one. Thanks

The T-56 Magnum Tremec transmission is an aftermarket version of the 6060 Tremec used in the ZR1, new Viper, and GT 500 Mustangs. Lots of info on Tremec's website.

New member first post thinking of doing this convertion in my B Body can you please post the photos of your console sitting on the tunnel . I really wanna keep my factory console and would love to see how the a body one fits .

thanks stuart

Attachments

• ianadcfgtdfr.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 1,223
  • ians dadcdcdcjhdfrdf.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 1,241
  • briggsDSCN0414100.JPG
    84.4 KB · Views: 1,190
Here are the console pictures. Todd

Attachments

• console3.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 1,210
  • console2.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 1,214
  • console1.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 1,203
thanks A bodies the console sits more on top of the tunnel where on the b body it wraps down lower on the sides . So i may have to do a little modifiing to make mine work .

here is a picture of my buddys 70 challenger , he said most of his cutting for room was on the passenger side
Scott my buddy is the one who is helping me do this and pushing me to do it lol

Attachments

• scottstrans tunnel (2).jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 1,159
Today I finished the "JIG" for the support and transmission mount. Things are rolling along. Thanks for all the interest you guys have shown. I think this is a great upgrade to our cars!!! Any questions, just let me know!!! Todd

Scott showed me this fantastic thread prices too i feel better seeing this stuff

I found this fantastic thread , great info and prices too
http://www.bigblockdart.com/forum/showthread.php?3985-T-56-6-speed-discussion...updated-06-28-09
AMERICAN POWER TRAIN HAD CYBER MONDAY 10% off sale
American Power train had 10% off today for cyber monday

so i called and ordered the rest of my stuff

Customer Description of Car:
make = Mopar
model = RR
engine = 440 6 pack
hp_torque = 450 hp
tire_size =
flywheel_tooth_count =
current_transmission = Automatic///Viper T56
rear_end_ratio = 3.54 Dana
console = Yes
seats = Buckets
request for =
0.00 0.00
ISGM-20002 ISGM-20002 GM ISO-X Transmission Isolator Mount for GM
TKO, Magnum, 4-Speed and 700R4/4L60e.

DSUN-30004 3.5" .120 Aluminum Driveshaft, includes cryo treated slip yoke
and cryo solid u-joints, specify length, yoke type and u-joint size
when ordering
1 449.00 449.00
FWCH-10001 FWCH-10001, SCIENCE FRICTION Billet Steel Flywheel, SFI
Quality, 130t/10.5", Chrysler 6-bolt, Neutral Balance, Big Block,
318, 340 and CB 1972-73 6-Pack 440
229.00 229.00
BHCH-28073 BHCH-28073 - QT SFI Bell Housing, Chrysler Big Block/426
HEMI to Viper T-56, 130t fw only
539.00 539.00
CLCH-12203G SCIENCE FRICTION 107523C MEAN STREET STAGE 2
KEVLAR CLUTCH KIT, INCLUDES:
HIGH CLAMP LOAD LOW FLEX FORMED PRESSURE
PLATE,
23-SPLINE FULL FACE KEVLAR SPRUNG HUB DISC,
STAINLESS PILOT BEARING,
ALIGNMENT TOOL,
535 FT-LB RATED,
LIGHT

FSGM-10001 #910 GM/Mopar Pressure Plate Bolt, Set of 6, Race Grade 8 18.00 18.00
FSGM-10002 #912 CHEVY/MOPAR/FORD FLYWHEEL BOLT, SET OF 6,
Race Grade 8
15.00 15.00
Subtotal ------->> 1,699.00
Discount WD WD Discount for American Powertrain dealers: (Speedway) -175.00 -175.00
Shipping Shipping and Handling 75.00 75.00
AND THEN I BOUGHT THE REST OF THIS STUFF FROM TONY

one small step closer on mine Tony at Global over drive just finished up my B Body crossmember a new product he is making

Good morning Stuart - Here is a photo of the components that I can provide. I just noticed the the cross member hardware is not shown, which is included. Let me know on these. Prices are Cross member - $199.00 Hydraulic Master Cylinder Mount - $ 79.00 Line set and fitting - Earls - $29.00 Tilton Master Cylinder - $ 75.00 Includes all the reservoir options shown.

Attachments

• viper tranny crossmemberphoto(50).JPG
    36.3 KB · Views: 999
got my brand newly produced B Body viper tranny crossmember its a work of art

Attachments

• viper 7rr.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 916
  • viper 8rr.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 917
  • viper superbirdcrossmemberphoto (11).JPG
    152.5 KB · Views: 989
  • viper 9rr.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 930
  • viper tranny crossmember 8.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 997
and my hydrolic master cyl and firewall bracket and reinforcer bracket

Attachments

• viper2gg.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 907
  • viper superbirdcrossmemberphoto (11).JPG
    152.5 KB · Views: 898
  • viper 4rr.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 911
  • viper 5rr.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 912
  • viper 1gg.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 913
  • viper 0rr3.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 928
more parts just showed up

Attachments

• bird cluch 5 dd13.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 885
  • bird cluch 5 dd12.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 886
  • bird cluch 5 dd08.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 889
  • bird cluch 5 dd07.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 890
  • bird cluch 5 dd06.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 888
  • bird cluch 5 dd02.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 885
  • bird cluch 5 dd01.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 888
Looks great!!! I have started making my T56 conversion parts. Here is a look at my "Kit" for a-bodies. I'm ready to take orders if anyone is interested. I might make a new thread to let everyone know. Thanks everyone for your encouragement!! Todd

Attachments

• T56KitPic1.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 1,538
  • T56KitPic2.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 1,675
Looks great!!! I have started making my T56 conversion parts. Here is a look at my "Kit" for a-bodies. I'm ready to take orders if anyone is interested. I might make a new thread to let everyone know. Thanks everyone for your encouragement!! Todd

VERY NICE!!

Mike

the made parts look really good,,whats the deal with the master cyl bracket ?

We wanted to keep the clutch master cylinder hidden as much as possible.
We located ours in the hole where the emergency brake cable ran originally.
There are as many options on type of mechanism and placement as you can imagine. We used a setup from Bruce Couture at Modern Driveline. It works great!!! Those guys really know their stuff. He was the guy I got everything from. Bruce is the guy who knew which QuickTime bellhousing to use, the QuickTime catalog says this one is for a GM T56, but it actually for mating the Ford spec T56 to a Mopar small block. I hope this helps and answers the question. If not, ask more. Thanks!!! Todd

We wanted to keep the clutch master cylinder hidden as much as possible.
We located ours in the hole where the emergency brake cable ran originally.
There are as many options on type of mechanism and placement as you can imagine. We used a setup from Bruce Couture at Modern Driveline. It works great!!! Those guys really know their stuff. He was the guy I got everything from. Bruce is the guy who knew which QuickTime bellhousing to use, the QuickTime catalog says this one is for a GM T56, but it actually for mating the Ford spec T56 to a Mopar small block. I hope this helps and answers the question. If not, ask more. Thanks!!! Todd

ok ive seen the master mounting bracket from modern,,i think im the one that mentioned it first seen it i na mustang magazine thats what they do at modern mustangs,,,and yes you are correct the ford tremec is the one that fits the mopar small block,, i have the very first quick time scatter shield still in the box for the FORD TKO to mopar small block,,i thought the black bracket in your pics was what u were talking about,,,

-
Back