T56 vs. 833 + gearvendors

-

magnumdust

Reaction score
Right now my car is an auto car that is gonna be converted to a manual when I get my new engine. I picked up an 833 and had planned to buy a gearvendors down the line, but i am wondering, would I be better off just doing a T56?

In each case the floor has to be cut and welded. And it seems like it would be cheaper to do the T56 right off the bat with the gear vendors costing almost 3k.

What do you guys think?

Too bad you didn't ask a few years ago. I sold a Tremec 6-spd on ebay for ~$700 (GM model). DHL brought it to my door in place of the used 413 tranny that was shipped (showed up 3 months later). After many months trying to get them to take it back, which they did once then returned, I told them I would sell it if they didn't keep it and they said "fine". I researched and found it was a desirable part. Should have kept it for the Dart I later bought.

If you are not racing the car, have you considered the AX15?

Well i will be racing it on weekends.

The passon is more money than i'm willing to spend. It'd be cheaper to just buy that TKO500 kit than buy the passon.

I would think that the less parts involved, the more reliable it would be, plus cheaper. Nothing against GV at all, just you get all the gears in 1 package. Plus, sounds like it will be cheaper in the long run.

i did the viper t56 in my duster. a big chunk of floor has to come out and the top of the crossmember has to be removed and rebuilt. the way i did it, a stock carpet will still fit and you cant tell i built a whole new tunnel with the original carpet over it. i love it and im not really into the stick stuff.

Mcleod's 5 speed will be out in a few days if what they say is true. They said they will be taking orders at SEMA. I am going so I will keep everyone in the loop. I might even order the whole kit.

-
Back