Tacho wiring

-

OLFOOL

OLFOOL
Reaction score
I'm trying to get the tacho working, I can only find wiring diagrams using either an MSD box or ready to run MSD distributor with 4 wires mine only has the 2 and using a Bosch BIM024, I believe I need to use the MSD Tach Adapter 8920 to run the analog tacho. Any help with a wiring diagram appreciated
1f642.png

1728275542093.jpeg
1728276353234.jpeg
1728276515444.png

Last edited:
How many wires does your analog tach have?

Older style tachs got their signal from the negative side of the coil. (Point and OEM Chrysler electronic ignition) Not sure what modern techs use.

Iirc the msd adapter was to eliminate the "multiple" spark the MSD produced and give the tach a single signal to fire.

How many wires does your analog tach have?

Older style tachs got their signal from the negative side of the coil. (Point and OEM Chrysler electronic ignition) Not sure what modern techs use.

Iirc the msd adapter was to eliminate the "multiple" spark the MSD produced and give the tach a single signal to fire.
yes it's a single dark green wire to the tacho from the negative side of the coil. It is electronic ignition using a Bosch BIM024 ignition module instad of the factory box, ballast resister etc. I'm using Msd 8534
1728277754405.png

Last edited:
-
Back