Tags

-

olddman

Reaction score
Had a senior moment!! I am sure that this question has been asked before, and I may have even done so, but I am going to ask again. Are the numbers on the vehicle number tag supposed to match any numbers on the fender tag? If so, which numbers should match up? Decoded my fender tag and vehicle number tag some time back. Just wondering!!

After 1968 (1969-1976) the VIN number is on the fender tag and two places on the body, before 1969 the Shipping Order number is on the fender tag and the two places on the body.

Also 68 and older without the build sheet or IBM card there is nothing to tie the body (seq number) to the VIN.

Forgot to mention that I have a 65 Dart. So, I guess that the numbers on the two tags have nothing in common?

Forgot to mention that I have a 65 Dart. So, I guess that the numbers on the two tags have nothing in common?
They are only together in a couple of places, broadcast sheet and IBM card. If you have neither then it is hard to put the two together.

For early A's, 63-66, only the three BDY characters on the fender tag matches the first three characters of the VIN. Not sure about the 60-62 early A's.

Pretty much, but, there is some info that is shared. Year, engine, and model are on both. Also a window sticker would have both numbers, and if you have a Certicard, the VIN is on that too, along with some of the fender tag info to match.

Thanks everyone for the information. Just couldn't remember and couldn't find anything online. Then light bulb went off and I realized that all I had to do was come here, ask and question would be answered.

On early A 63 to 66 on the radiator support there are a serie of stamped digits. At least on 65 and 66 cars the last five numbers on the radiator support are the same as te digits under NUMBER on the fendertag.

On early A 63 to 66 on the radiator support there are a serie of stamped digits. At least on 65 and 66 cars the last five numbers on the radiator support are the same as te digits under NUMBER on the fendertag
67 and 68 same thing but it's called SEQ number

-
Back