Tail of two darts

-

omotz

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I have a 63 dart 170 convertible with the manual transmission looking at putting a floor shifter in not sure three or four speed yet but wondering what if any of my original parts can I use? I know the tree speed does not have the mounting location for the shifter and is a non-synchro first gear tranny anyway so not interested in that one. I have another car that I’ll be harvesting parts from. I’m assuming that the 170 and 225 bolt up to the Bill housing the same way? Thanks

Good morning all. Happy Mother’s Day to the lady’s. So I’m new to the forum. The last two posts I got no replys My first post I got a ton of reply’s. Can someone please advise. Thinking Im doin something wrong.Thanks

Years back, Mr. Gasket and Hurst had what was called a "universal" three speed shifter. That is something you might look into if you can't find anything else.

Years back, Mr. Gasket and Hurst had what was called a "universal" three speed shifter. That is something you might look into if you can't find anything else.

I put one of those shifters in my 66 Ranchero 3 speed on the floor and it worked great.

I’m OK with a three speed Would be cool to have a four speed but it’s not gonna be a race car. My next question would be what three speed do I need to get that has the synchro first gear? I will be changing out the 7 1/4 rear end. The rear end on the 64 has the larger bolt pattern if that makes a difference.

-
Back