Taillight Harness Routing Question

-

gerahead

Glutton for Punishment
Reaction score
I'm hoping this is a simple question. I have cleaned and refurbished the taillight harness for my 71 Dart. It has been a long time since I pulled it out and don't remember the routing in the trunk. Should it be routed as shown in the photo, or should I route it as shown in the red line? Thanks in advance!

PXL_20240711_171619552~2.jpg

The way you have it makes the most sense plus there are keepers to hold it in position.

Screenshot_20240711-135758.png

The way you have it makes the most sense plus there are keepers to hold it in position.

View attachment 1716274772

That is what I was thinking as well. I reinstalled the keeper clip in "about" the same location that it was originally, but may not be exactly where it was. My uncertainty is from the appearance that the clip would fit into the keeper right now if I rerouted the harness in the red orientation. I guess I'll be moving the clip to line up. Thanks again!

I'd check the rest of your dressing to see if you ca make up the difference, they are generally spot on with the clips. Also when it goes around the fuel pipe bend the harness to make a tighter bend.

Alan

-
Back