Tailpipes?

-

Coyote Jack

Member #55, I'm old
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Has anybody had any experience with the flowmaster universal fit tailpipes. They list a 2.5 inch. Getting anything done around here costs a small fortune and I'm just looking for a cheaper way.

Jack

You might be better off getting a set custom made at an exhaust shop if you have one where you live.
I had the entire exhaust on my Scamp custom made and he said he had a hard time making the tailpipes fit right around the rear and between the gas tank and frame rails,not alot of room for the 2.50inch pipes.

My 2cents :burnout:

That's what I'm trying to avoid Kev. The idiots around here are quoting me anywhere from 6 to 7 hundred bucks. :shock:

Jack

I know Flowmaster has tailpipes for B and E bodies but I never seen them advertised for A-bodies.

TTI has tailpipes to i think! but wy be afraid of buying some universal bends and let the migwelder talk? imade my tailpipes that way and they are 3" (ok so i have a fuelcell) butt i am sure you can do it to even with the fuletank and the framerails in the stock location, there needs to be a fairly tight radius in the bends (4"radius maximum) where you go down past the shocks then turn out under the frame rail in front of the fueltank but it can be done with some patience hope i helped :thumrigh:

I see DR: Gas has them for A-Bodies and they are about $260. I might go that route. The Flowmaster universals have me a bit leary.

Jack

Jack, Jegs sells an entire 2.5 or 3" system for under $300. I know shipping is always a problem though.

Coyote Jack said:
That's what I'm trying to avoid Kev. The idiots around here are quoting me anywhere from 6 to 7 hundred bucks. :shock:

Jack

To bad you don't live closer,my sister-inlaws dad does it on the side he charged me $100 and the price of the pipes and hangers he used.

He did my truck last summer also for the same price.

-
Back