Taking Suggestion

-

jhdeval

Reaction score
I have two questions about my 65 barracuda. I want to prep and paint under the hood. I know the original was to paint it the body color and put insulation up but I had another thought that I thought would look good. I am considering painting it with truck bed liner. It provides two things. Heat resistance to a point and since it is sort of rubbery it should also over a little noise reduction. Any body have an opinion?

The other question I found a guy in Birmingham, Johnny Prestidge, he seems to specialize in early mopar. I contacted him about some wheels he has. I want to trade an extra instrument cluster and 2 rear window regulators for a set of five 14 inch wheels. It seems a fair trade to me what do you think?

Honestly the bedliner is a bad idea, no real benefit in looks or function and nearly impossible to remove. That being said, the trade sounds reasonable:happy10:

The deal sound ok but the only thing I can tell you about the bedliner under the hood is that you need to really make sure that is what you want because you will have a mess if you put it on there and not like it. Personally, I just wouldn't go that route but if you like it by all means go for it.

I think I am going to paint it black. I have a natural rise along the edge that I think will leave body color. I want to paint the engine bay black also but not quite there yet.

-
Back