Talked to Harold at Spitfire

-
Holy crap I did not know they where still available....this will help my 318...in my 64 V.........

I ordered them and I will have them coated.I hope they fit good

what city is he in? i recognize the 479 number and thats somewhat close to me.. im not sure if these would fit for me though.. the under chasis headers seem to work well for me fitment wise.

I think Ft. Smith , AR.... Talked to Harold last night, he was just finishing my set ,should receive this coming week. Evidently he has a discount set up for ceramic coating with a fella in Springfield, MO....... Gonna check it out

Roger

ok. thats only 2.5 hrs from me. springfield is only an hour from me. when i get everything else sorted out i may have to give him a call.

Seems like if you pay in advance you get bumped to the top of the list.
I have heard in the past about slow build time and shipping but from my personnal dealings with him it has all been nothing but aces so far.

Roger

anyone have a pic of these on a motor? how far out does the rear drivers side number 7 pipe stick out? anymore than normal headers?

anyone have a pic of these on a motor? how far out does the rear drivers side number 7 pipe stick out? anymore than normal headers?
This is the best I have..66 Dart witha 360 manual steering.Hope it helps!

re and re of 66 Dart 004.jpg

re and re of 66 Dart 005.jpg

Those look pretty good man. For the price, us early "A" guys, can't beat it.
Did they bolt up easy? How do you like that flange?

34O Dart,the flange comes unwelded so you can rotate to where you need them.
I ordered mine" - "the flange , because the AlterKation,will run a ball type flange. Do not have to worry about getting around the T-BAR.

thanks for the pics guys, i think it will work with my setup (not abody but have very limited space ) only concern is my brake booster and clearance issues. what size is the tube? 2, 2.5?

Those look pretty good man. For the price, us early "A" guys, can't beat it.
Did they bolt up easy? How do you like that flange?
I got mine with the flanges seperate,wasn,t sure if I was gonna add 2.5 pipe down under feet then add flanges(kinda like a collector)also running,bypassing torsion bars.It,s very tight down there!LOL.Don,t hear that to often EH?

this is how my headers are right now, see any issues with fitment if i used the spitfires? im just not 100% sure that the collector will work right.. but i really hope they would.

002.jpg

Well I got my spitfire headers from Harold.Good guy to do buisness with.I hope to have them coated soon and installed.

For small blocks only but he might dabble in this in the future if people start asking him. He is spending more time doing it that he used to. Maybe something changed in his life.

I Don't think he has a website, if he does I am sure it is not updated.
Just call him. Harolds number is 479-650-9989. Really nice guy.

Harold called me Sat. night asking me to send a guy some pics..So he,not on Web or computer savy?Yet!I told him to get on the computer!That it would better his business.Mine are working fine!

I received my set from Harold 2 days ago. I have not physicaly lain hands on them as yet,due to being out of town,but a knowledgable friend has looked at them and says the welds all look uniform and tight. Will be a while before I have a chance to test fit but am certain it will all be good.
As stated above Harold is a real straight up guy to deal with.

All I can say is; I prepaid for 2 sets in Aug. 08. I got one set ~3 month ago, he still owes me a second set. I've talked to him a couple of times over the last couple of weeks....and they are alway "just on they're way out".

Still, no second set. Yes...I'm patient. But I"m also now getting pissed off.
I'd like to give him a good recomendation. We'll see. Hopefully I'll get the 2nd set by the 1 yr. anniversary of me PAYING for them.

-
Back