Talladega ( RACE )

-

NCmtnDWELLER

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Heading to upcoming race with some friends is speedway still running restrictor plates ?
Been out of sport for many years thanks for any info
Chris.

I don't follow NASCAR anymore but I'm sure they still use them. It wouldda been all over the world had they stopped.

Chris….go to the museum while you’re there if you can. They have all the stuff people got caught cheating with….lol. Pretty sure they still have to run restrictor plates at Talledega and Daytona.

Daytona and Talladega are restrictor plate races, they still run over 200mph. 43 cars door to door nose to tail at over 200mph

Chris….go to the museum while you’re there if you can. They have all the stuff people got caught cheating with….lol. Pretty sure they still have to run restrictor plates at Talledega and

Chris….go to the museum while you’re there if you can. They have all the stuff people got caught cheating with….lol. Pretty sure they still have to run restrictor plates at Talledega and Daytona.
Yes Sir - sure will Lake Martin for fishing Barber museum
In Leeds AL , then the race long overdue fun weekend
Thanks again neighbor.

Have you ever been to a race at a big track like 'Dega, Daytona or Charlotte? First one I ever went to was at Charlotte. Sitting up high, right near the entrance to pit road. When the pace car ducked in and they went by right before the green flag dropped, they were bunched up running about 80 mph. When they came by next time at full speed, they were running about 180 mph! That was something I'll never forget!!

:thumbsup:

Have you ever been to a race at a big track like 'Dega, Daytona or Charlotte? First one I ever went to was at Charlotte. Sitting up high, right near the entrance to pit road. When the pace car ducked in and they went by right before the green flag dropped, they were bunched up running about 80 mph. When they came by next time at full speed, they were running about 180 mph! That was something I'll never forget!!

Atlanta native
Been there over 20 times
Great track but not as Legendary to me as AL facility ! I was at Atlanta during the last of the good years also seen Harry Gant run his last race there he was a legend.
Also seen the semi trucks racing there as a kid with my pops.

Ben, the friend of mine who did the machine work on my 273.....used to build Harry Gants engines when he ran late model. He said Harry was tighter'n a banjo string wrapped around a lawn mower blade, lol.

Ben, the friend of mine who did the machine work on my 273.....used to build Harry Gants engines when he ran late model. He said Harry was tighter'n a banjo string wrapped around a lawn mower blade, lol.
Gant was one of kind , and drove for Ole Burt also

Screenshot_20240924_232522_Google.jpg

I remember Rusty Wallace hitting some 180+ mph in Atlanta good memories with father.

I did a nascar simulation in Dallas. The track was Atlanta. We had to go through a little training. What a rush. I came out with bloody knuckles and the fastest lap. 180 myself. Held it wide open but recked alt of people. Lol.

I did a nascar simulation in Dallas. The track was Atlanta. We had to go through a little training. What a rush. I came out with bloody knuckles and the fastest lap. 180 myself. Held it wide open but recked alt of people.

I did a nascar simulation in Dallas. The track was Atlanta. We had to go through a little training. What a rush. I came out with bloody knuckles and the fastest lap. 180 myself. Held it wide open but recked alt of people. Lol.
Atlanta , is many folks favorite track and has hosted all the Legends since it's opening.

-
Back