Tci Street Fighter Converter--I like it so far.

-

dodge freak

Reaction score
Well TCI was not my first pick. My trans guy likes them thou, says it works good and price is good. Only 10 inch for a 904 Summit had in stock. I tried to change and go with a Hughes 10 inch that Jegs had in stock but Summit said it shipped already-1 hour later mid afternoon-yeah right! Comp Cams does own TCI now and my 10 inch Street Fighter converter was tested ok on 4/30/2010, so I got a fresh one. So far I am happy I went with TCI.

Power steering belt was loose and all the auto stores are closed for the holiday so I just took the car out for a short drive. If I did not know for sure there is a 10 inch converter I would laugh if somebody says it was. Car drove almost like a stock converter. I do have 3.91 gears but a manual valve body 904 trans. I took off slow in 2nd gear and the rpms did not rev up too high at all. Felt like a stocker.

I had the Breakaway like 10 years ago. That thing I liked at the time but it felt so loose compare to the Street Fighter I have now.

Was worry how it be since I just have a 226-230 @ .050 cam in a 340 with 9 3/4 compression. I'm sure once I open the throttle up more it let the motor rev up.

-
Back