Tensioner pulley

-

Rat Patrol

Reaction score
I've noticed there's quite a few tensioner pulleys on the market for the 6.1 - ACDelco, Haynes, Dayco etc

Is there any one of them better than the others?

$(KGrHqJHJEkE-l9GjUmtBP0UFKKq0g~~60_1.JPG

I just picked up a Dayco to bypass the air conditioning. I got just the pulley. I can't remember who's motor I saw it on but I'm doing the same thing. Rather the spend $$ buying an AC delete.

Thanks, Aj

The Dayco has better tension vs the rest. When my company (High Horse Performance) installs superchargers on the SRT cars we only use Dayco tensioners because we have seen the factory, ACdelco, off brands, etc. literally explode. Unless your going the supercharger route you dont "need" it but we have found it is the best one on the market. Hope this helps.

The Dayco has better tension vs the rest. When my company (High Horse Performance) installs superchargers on the SRT cars we only use Dayco tensioners because we have seen the factory, ACdelco, off brands, etc. literally explode. Unless your going the supercharger route you dont "need" it but we have found it is the best one on the market. Hope this helps.

That's very helpful, thanks.

Does anyone know if the 6.1 crate actually comes with the tensioner pulley?

Good to know.

Thanks,

Regards,

Joe Dokes

Quick ressurection of this thread -

I bought a Dayco tensioner - are they meant to have this "unfinished" appearance with the black centre hub - or is it missing a cap?

20121129_1803091.jpg

2nd question -

How is the cap suppose to fit over the idler pulley bolt that Ive been supplied?

20121129_1803371.jpg

I looked up a bunch of pics of Gen III Hemis and every picture I've seen doesn't show the plastic cap, so you should feel free to leave it off. Otherwise, I'd ASSUME (always dangerous I know) that it simply snaps on the head of the bolt once you've installed the idler pulley.

Worst case it falls off, probably too light to hurt anything.

Regards,

Joe Dokes

The issue with the cap is that it won't clear the head of the bolt - I guess I can safely assume the cap was for an earler pulley?

Throw the cap away and continue the build, now get that engine built...lol.

-
Back