Texting while walking

-

cudadriver

Reaction score
So I'm at a busy intersection, three lanes each way, waiting for the green. The light goes green for me and this dumb *** chick starts walking across against the red and is texting. I creep ahead and honk my horn... she doesn't even look up. The guy to my right honks too.. no response. What got her attention was the truck that didn't see her and just about knocked the cel phone out of her hand. She made it across unhurt thank goodness but I could see the news headline... "Contributed to her own death."
DON'T TEXT AND WALK EITHER

i don't get texting. wouldn't it be easier to call the person you want to talk too? seems less dangerous too.

i think that show 1000 ways to die on spike tv showed that one person was texting while walking while another person was texting while driving and the guy driving actually hit the girl who was texting. they were texting each other too supposedly.

had one picked off last year on front street. i hope it was important enough to her die for! maybe it was god texting for her to come on in. I see it everyday and it frustrates the h**l out of me!
and hear I thought it was a Toronto only thing!

sorry for the cold callous attitude regarding this topic.

New cell phone in car law comin next month.I got my blue tooth last year and last weekend tried out the voice command.Now I just touch the ear piece and say who I want to call and done!Don't even have to look at the phone to find the number.I never liked using the phone while i was driving and I am too busy to keep pulling over.8)

Hey Dreno, Hope to see ya at the Canada Day car show, Mopar and Friends, at Kildonan Park on July 1st. Great Barracuda and avatar too! Mike

I just checked,that's a Thursday.I should be able to make it because it's not a weekend or I would be at the lake.This would be a great opportunity for some FABO members to get together. I will let you know Mike.Hopefully I will have my little boo boo fixed by then.8)

i don't get texting. wouldn't it be easier to call the person you want to talk too? seems less dangerous too.

It's quite the opposite of what you think. In most cases its easier because you can ask a specific question and not get hung up in the irrelevant BS of conversation.

Example: i have a coworker that talks on and on about her family whenever i call her to ask a question. Solution is to just text a question and wait for a response.

New cell phone in car law comin next month.I got my blue tooth last year and last weekend tried out the voice command.Now I just touch the ear piece and say who I want to call and done!Don't even have to look at the phone to find the number.I never liked using the phone while i was driving and I am too busy to keep pulling over.8)

Just wait to see if the cops enforce it. At least once a day I see someone yakking away right in front of a cop. The cop ignores it. Why? Because I've seen the cops yakking away, too. And NYS was one of the first here in the US to go with cell phone laws.

Personally, I hate texting. I have a customer and that's all she wants to do. I keep trying to tell her that the buttons on the phone are too small for big thumbs. My phone is also an older one. Hitting the same button two or three times to get the letter I need is a pain in the a**. Just freakin' call me!

I don't understand whay everytime something goes wrong the dwebs that represent us need to right another law.

Texting while driving is "driving to endanger" and that has been on the book for ever.

I know voice recognition that would convert it to text.....oh yeah that would be called calling...:)

I have never sent a text. I don't even know how to do it.

A lady crashed her SUV just past my drive way one time. The SUV landed on it's side on top of her arm. They had to cut her out of the thing. And ya she was texting. Was less than a mile from getting home too.

Going through downtown today about 55k down a busy street.Idiot on a cell phone at the curb stepped out in front of me,I was about 50 ft away in my service truck.He looked up,I hit the brakes and he jumped back on the curb.:angry7: Had a few words for him as I drove by,he didn't even look up at me.:angry7:

-
Back