Thank You Aftermarket

-

kursplat

Reaction score
I was just thinking how much better the aftermarket for MOPARS has gotten over the last 30+ years. Engine parts, sure, you could always get intakes and headers, but the amount of small and specialty parts now is crazy. Year One seemed like it was the only place for most things, now it's the last place i look. And we all know the mantra, and i've always been a little proud of it, "ya it's a MOPAR, i know it's going to cost twice as much, take two weeks to order and not fit right", but i don't know that it's really true anymore. Dare i say, it's almost as easy as building a chevy? Just look how many good choices get mentioned on a sway bar or T bar thread.
Anyway, THANKS to all of you

Agreed. In the bad old days, in order to make my cars handle I spent years trying to hunt down elusive factory parts- tough to find big block torsion bars and impossible to find cop package rear sway bars, saving up for the police-spec steering boxes, adapting Jeep sway bars, etc.
Now we've got parts available that blow the factory stuff into the weeds, all designed and proven performers for our cars from a multitude of suppliers. From performance suspension packages to small trim and soft parts to entire interiors, it's all there. We hit some bumps now and then, like AMD's decision to discontinue some body parts, but in general we're in a good time. Let's appreciate it and support these vendors/enthusiasts who make our hobby easier and more enjoyable.

Yes it’s so much easier to get the small parts though
there are plenty of them still not reproduced it’s much better now.

Now if they just picked up on the interior parts....

I'm restoring a '68 cuda, my son is doing a '66 Nova. There is no comparison- my son thinks I'm crazy!

Funny- some of the re-pops are from people like us. Technology has allowed some of us to design parts at home and have stuff sent out to be made or make it ourselves. Especially items for the early A cars. Also people in the hobby like Tony D has listened to what we asked for and got items remade for sale thru his website - tonysparts.com or Dave and Rick at Layson’s. Good stuff right there. Lots of resellers making a difference. we all benefit from.

Id consider 3D printing a prototype tool only, Show us some 3D printed parts in use. Not durable enough yet, maybe for knobs?

-
Back