the article on rewiring my car is out.. :)

-
That's nice write up.

I like thumbing through a magazine like that on the internet. Is there like other editions as well that one can view?

they used to have a archive section but i don't see that anymore. think it is only the current issue up on line.. i know you can subscribe to a weekly digital version..

all the diagrams stan made up to wire my car can be found here... http://www.automotiverewire.com/Navagation/documents.htm

page1.jpg

page2.jpg

page3.jpg

page4.jpg

page5.jpg

page6.jpg

page7.jpg

page8.jpg

page9.jpg

page10.jpg

Fricking awesome Joe. Great wiring job and a great kit you used there. What was the most difficult part of the job?

Fricking awesome Joe. Great wiring job and a great kit you used there. What was the most difficult part of the job?

doing it in july when it was 95+ degrees out..lol..

the most confusing (for me anyway) part was the int lights and the way they were wires.. my buddy stan went over it with me and he pretty much figured it out..

other then that its a pretty straight forward install. very time consuming but straight forward..

Wow thats pretty cool! I see there were multiple issues with the factory wiring harness,so it must function very well now.

What was you total cost?

this mag still available like say, barnes and nobel? id like to pick it up...

you know i just got the issue after that one so i imagine its no longer out on the stands.. pisses me off because i never got a second issue.. forgot all about it..

Wow thats pretty cool! I see there were multiple issues with the factory wiring harness,so it must function very well now.

What was you total cost?

oh yea its a lot better...

total cost as in what? the wiring kit was like $350 i think.. that covered most of the **** to rebuild the sockets and most of your systems... really the only things i really had to add to the kit was the ign and charging systems for the mopar specific set up i wanted top run but that was just some wire and connectors,.. i bought a new plug for the reverse light switch and voltage regular from rock auto i think it was they were on the cheaper side. like $7 each or in that ball park. the ecu plug and wires i got from mancini. $25 ish it was. i had already had a evans engine harness and wiper harness i put in the car a while back. they were both garbage with bad crimps all over them. i did use a bunch of the plugs from the evans harness and rebuilt them.. those little wire ends inside the plugs get expensive. i put a street rod or more of a universal plug on the ign switch. its one i feel fits tighter together then the mopar style one and that alone was like $25. then the crap i got from tie wraps.com cost me over $300. i did over buy in that dept though so i have wire covering,wire ties and tape laying around for other stuff...

to do it right i'll bet you will have somewhere between $600-$1000 into the entire rewire job.. doing it yourself. that is replacing every wire in the car. rebuilding every light socket in the car also. yes it sounds like a lot but look at all the little crap you need to do it the right way. also if i were to pay stan to do it he would have charged a flat rate of about $2000 which really isn't bad considering how time consuming it really is..

those prices are not including what the gauge cost either.. add another $800 for them.

oh i forgot i put a new turn signal switch and ign switch in the car a few weeks before i did the car. ( figured it would save time doing them before hand) one of those was $90 and the other was a little cheaper just don't remember the exact amount. i would have to dig out the receipts for exact prices..

i ran extra wires for an electric fuel pump down the road and also an extra wire for a/c down the road. left the non working heater/a/c unit out because some day i want a vintage set up in it....

Thank you so much Joe!! That will help a lot of members and folks out in the world
Good job Men!!

goto the link and print the wire diagrams. stan did an awesome job with them.. real easy to understand..

goto the link and print the wire diagrams. stan did an awesome job with them.. real easy to understand..

Thank Stan for those. I saved them on the crusty PC and will print 'em when I get that Kodak POS working again. Used to know that stuff by heart. I'm getting old and having a reference don't hurt at all.

I saved just about every article! The one on a home made immobilizer was really cool!

ecu wire harness..

DSC_0021.jpg

reverse light pig tail.. tear one i think i got it..

DSC_0019.jpg

turn sig switch..

DSC_0100.jpg

ign switch..

DSC_0101.jpg

-
Back