The car that scored the highest score (ever) nats OE judging.. not what you think..:)

-

grassy

Reaction score
..the car took Best of show as well..

Give the family sized, humble 4 door, /6, 1970 Valiant a great big hand of applause...

And who says the A body cannot compete !!

Details in MOPAR Action

..not for me :) ...and perhaps some others...

Mags coming from the states are SSSLLOOOWW to get here..

Cheers..

They never looked that good when they were new.
I should know, I dealer-prepped a bunch of them.

The mags are where I pick up my information..I don't have much chance to brouse so I use it going through the classifieds looking for parts..sometimes I scan but I didn't see it here. My BIL had a cream one.

I guess that if folks already know, then they don't have to read..

Cheers
ian.

They never looked that good when they were new.

That's right. I don't know about y'all, but better-than-new restorations like this, involving over-the-top spending for the sake of showing that one is able to piss away money, make me roll my eyes. And aside from that, I'm not sure they ever looked quite the way this guy has made his look; I am thinking at the moment of his painted exhaust manifold and I'm betting if I cared enough to spend time peering at the photos, there'd be more "Wait a minute…" examples.

Right on Dan'o . I'm more about the survivor tent.

..but isn't that generic about all restorations. And that isn't just an American car thing. I saw British cars so much better that when they were new . I know one guy that has his car painted every two years at 7K a pop..Buddy with the valiant went so far as to have the screws lining exactly were they were before...3500 pictures..

..however, would we be saying the same thing if it was a 70 challenger 6 pack convert ?

I have noticed that if your Duster / dart isn't a matching numbers 340, you don't even get a second look..this is what makes the 4 door so unlikely..

When you walk into a car show you can usually guess who is going to take home the hardware..it is too predictable however, I'm with you guys..I like the survivors or the father/son/daughter cars.

Perhaps this is what Dave Walden et al's car was all about..perhaps they were tired of the same old same old winning and wanted to shake the organization up with a really unlikely car....

Lastly, I remember reading when we first bought the duster about an older valiant that some dude had put over 150K into..

-
Back