The famous racer Dick Landy

-

65dartcharger

Dart Charger 273 Historian
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear but the famous racer Dick Landy has passed away. I got the news from another website in US for Mopars.

That really sucks. Dick was a great guy. The legends of the early days are getting to the age we we are going to start losing them faster and faster.

He sure new how to get them down the track.
last time I seen hime race was at allswago Ill with Sherly,M and Don.G
racen agenst each other,

Here's to a man that help the NHRA.

landy2.jpg

Dog gone,we have lost a legend.

I was just at the local car gathering at in-n-out.A new guy showed up in a 70 Challenger which he just finished.He pops the hood and there lies a Dick Landy built Hemi.Dick had a special Dick Landy badge that he put on the valve covers.Talk about here today gone tomorrow.

He will definitely be missed.

Landy went back to Super Stock racing and later went on to a storied Pro Stock career that he financed with a successful engine-building business.
he was known as Dandy Dick Landy.

here is another pic

landy3.jpg

He will nort be forgotten. He put Mopar on the map and he did it with pride. He was a true sportsman

This was his world record car,and it weighed 3600 lb

landy4.gif

EvilScamp said:
WOW! This is a shocker,first Ronnie Sox and now Dick Landy!

R.I.P :(

Match-race heaven....

DisneyVacation2003105-vi.jpg

I had the pleasure of meeting both men years ago. Dick I met at Englishtown back in 2000. This is a picture of Dick's infamous `64 altered wheelbase car photographed at the Garlits Museum in 2003.

snmcuda-vi.jpg

And this photo was taken at Carlisle in 2001 where I met Ronnie and his wife Diane.

Rest in peace guys.

Wow very cool John.
We sure are thankfull for the time that we did have with these great men

Sure sorry to here of this. He sure will be missed. I never had the pleasure of meeting him or even getting to watch him race but as a Mopar fan I sure enjoyed reading about him alot.

There wasn't a lot of fanfare about it, probably because of his health, but he was at the All-Chrysler show at Carlisle again earlier this year.

He sure put Mopar on the map. But he also was a true sportsman and I have several magazines on that. RIP buddy

-
Back