The "Indestructible" Slant 6

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah that's his intake, I went back and looked. And you know what else? The carb he was usin was a motorcraft 2 barrel. They were always lean as hell. Talk about stupification. I bet that's exactly what happened. It leaned out, burned a hole through that piston and came apart. That's why we'll not see the other end of it.

Stop!!.....STOP!! You're making me embarrassed to be part of the human race. What's being questioned is your capabilities as far as just slapping on a turbo on an engine that was designed to be a grocery-getter. With the right controls and engine management, I believe the slant would've lived.

But not with this caveman pressure-cooker/detonation generator......LMAO

OMG, I about choked on my dinner.
Looks like what we have if a wannabe engineer.

Hey, call GM up I hear they are accepting applications.

Epic fail......... and I am being nice.

Stop!!.....STOP!! You're making me embarrassed to be part of the human race. What's being questioned is your capabilities as far as just slapping on a turbo on an engine that was designed to be a grocery-getter. With the right controls and engine management, I believe the slant would've lived.

But not with this caveman pressure-cooker/detonation generator......LMAO

:banghead: my toddler has come up with better designs....

Judging from the turbo setup pics, Cowboy....please lay down your torch and welder before someone gets hurt. And do you really think you can fab mounts to drop in a chebby motor. We've seen the rod come apart, we'll just be waiting for the "engine outta the bottom" pictures. And how the hell are you gonna get around the rear steer linkage with a chebby motor. the oil pump lines up perfect with the center link. just wont work less you cut out the firewall and push the motor back (UH-OH might be givin him some ideas) LOLOLOL!!

No. Ford took no bailout. I don't think either of the other two have paid back in full yet. We'll likely never know.

Well said.
Actually right after I posted that my exact words were "d@#n, should have used the dollar-store douche-nozel one I heard recently"....

Next time, next time...

No. Ford took no bailout. I don't think either of the other two have paid back in full yet. We'll likely never know.
You might be right Rob, I was only a freshman in highschool when it happened and I can barely tell you what I had for dinner tonight.

lol, the nerve of chrysler in the 1960's!

They should have built their /6 motors stronger so people could turbocharge them 40+ years after manufacture! there's no excuse for such needless cost cutting!

cowboy, you are completely justified in switching brands of engines. after all, it's not like it was your fault that connecting rod ripped the gudgeon clean out from that piston.

It was clearly an inherent design fault in the design of that there antique high mileage cast piston!

Thankyou for making us aware of this, I think i speak for all of us when i say we can no longer hold the much loved but apparently over-rated /6 motor in high regard after seeing that it's possible to destroy one by merely turbocharging it, even when hundreds of dollars have been invested into ensuring everything is done right!

On behalf of the mopar community, I would like to offer my deepest sympathies and please, let us know if you do come across a six cylinder engine with more longevity in the same price range.

Good luck on your future endeavors and enjoy your non-mopar V8 and four speed! :joker:

lol, the nerve of chrysler in the 1960's!

They should have built their /6 motors stronger so people could turbocharge them 40+ years after manufacture! there's no excuse for such needless cost cutting!

cowboy, you are completely justified in switching brands of engines. after all, it's not like it was your fault that connecting rod ripped the gudgeon clean out from that piston.

It was clearly an inherent design fault in the design of that there antique high mileage cast piston!

Thankyou for making us aware of this, I think i speak for all of us when i say we can no longer hold the much loved but apparently over-rated /6 motor in high regard after seeing that it's possible to destroy one by merely turbocharging it, even when hundreds of dollars have been invested into ensuring everything is done right!

On behalf of the mopar community, I would like to offer my deepest sympathies and please, let us know if you do come across a six cylinder engine with more longevity in the same price range.

Good luck on your future endeavors and enjoy your non-mopar V8 and four speed! :joker:
Hmmmmmmmmmm.... Since you've pointed this out, I feel the need to go buy a Supra motor to put in my Dart. That should stand up to enhanced turbocharging right?:D

Hhahahahah you tell him Matt !
**Takes a bow**

Hmmmmmmmmmm.... Since you've pointed this out, I feel the need to go buy a Supra motor to put in my Dart. That should stand up to enhanced turbocharging right?:D

I would LOVE to see someone who fails at a carby turbo build try to fumble through getting a fuel injected supra motor to run for $900!

Them there electronics?

I would LOVE to see someone who fails at a carby turbo build try to fumble through getting a fuel injected supra motor to run for $900!

Them there electronics?
Yeah maybe he could answer the age old question of where the muffler bearing goes?

BTW Frosty, as an ignorant southerner myself, I feel obligated to point out that you are incorrect and it should be phrased "them thar E-lectonics!":joker:

just wont work less you cut out the firewall and push the motor back (UH-OH might be givin him some ideas) LOLOLOL!!

It's only a matter of time before cowboy posts a new thread about his engine conversion.

:banghead: The "Inflammable" 74 dart ](*,)

BTW Frosty, as an ignorant southerner myself, I feel obligated to point out that you are incorrect and it should be phrased "them thar E-lectonics!":joker:

lol! I like southerners as much as the next person, didn't even know that phrase was a southerner thing, you'll have to excuse MY ignorance lol I'm Australian and don't know these things. :D

lol! I like southerners as much as the next person, didn't even know that phrase was a southerner thing, you'll have to excuse MY ignorance lol I'm Australian and don't know these things. :D
Dude I'm working on making the Merriam Webster's Redneck Dictionary just fer folks like ya'selves. It'll be great!

A little preview of some words.

Wyatt=white
ole!=Oil
Fiar=fire
Tiar=tire
Paints=pants
Scwer=square

More to come...

"Just a good ole boys, never meanin' no harm" lol

I know we look retarded typing the way we actually talk lol! I thankfully don't have much of an issue with my typing cause I'm a self-critical English, spelling and punctuation nazi and my typos bug the sh%t out of me.

A weak rod would have failed a lot earlier in it's life that this did. (36 years)
He keeps saying the piston was fine until the rod broke & then that damaged it. WRONG! A broken rod isn't going to pull the bottom out of a piston. At that point the broken rod is only along for the ride. The piston is carrying all the weight & inertia. My guess is the piston failed & then the rod got twisted up & broke. Probably from too much cylinder pressure from boost or a hydraulic situation in the cylinder. The "cam bearing material" found before may have been little pieces of piston mixed in as well.
I always love the guys who say they stick to chevy "because that's what I know." As if anything else is all that much different & they are so full of chevy knowledge they are manipulating every last ounce of HP out of it! LOL! I find they usually don't know very much of anything & they just blame the brand of car for their short comings!
Go piss & moan on the chevy websites & see how helpful they are if we are such bad guys here! I'm sure they'll love hearing about your 1/2 mopar project & have plenty of insight there. Like someone else said "Don't let the door hit you..."

I have to say that if he took a stock bottom end with high miles and slapped on a brand x turbo then modified a two barrel to blow throu he'd better have a high understanding of what he is doing and the motor he is doing it too. He himself admitted he did not. How can he blame Mopar for this, or any auto manufacturer? Stupid.

A weak rod would have failed a lot earlier in it's life that this did. (36 years)
He keeps saying the piston was fine until the rod broke & then that damaged it. WRONG! A broken rod isn't going to pull the bottom out of a piston. At that point the broken rod is only along for the ride. The piston is carrying all the weight & inertia. My guess is the piston failed & then the rod got twisted up & broke. Probably from too much cylinder pressure from boost or a hydraulic situation in the cylinder. The "cam bearing material" found before may have been little pieces of piston mixed in as well.
I always love the guys who say they stick to chevy "because that's what I know." As if anything else is all that much different & they are so full of chevy knowledge they are manipulating every last ounce of HP out of it! LOL! I find they usually don't know very much of anything & they just blame the brand of car for their short comings!
Go piss & moan on the chevy websites & see how helpful they are if we are such bad guys here! I'm sure they'll love hearing about your 1/2 mopar project & have plenty of insight there. Like someone else said "Don't let the door hit you..."
I agree with all this!

Has this thread jumped the shark yet?

BC

At least this thread isn't "are our slants unsafe?"

I personally give much respect to the 2jz supra engine. 1600 hp out of approximately 3 liters. That is way past respectable.

How 'bout "gotdamnit"?

as in:
"my chevy motor blew up just like the mopar did gotdamnit!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back