The lates info recieved on the sharkstooth

-

Oldmanmopar

Going left turning right
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I just was told that the 71 340 V24 paint option cars came with the painted all silver grilles. This was the black hood and large 340 wedge decal on hood. I knew ony 340 cars in 71 had the silver grilles I just never put it together with that paint option. He told me that when the cars with the V24 codes came down the line. The grille was not installed. The car went to another area to get the paint treatment applied. After the paint ad decal were applied the silver grille was installed. The silver grille was a design option for the V24 option package. He also said some of these cars with this option were specified on the order sheet decal only. They did not get the black paint but got the decal and still had the decal and silver grille installed in the same area. I never saw the wedge decal on a colored hood but that doesn't meanthere not out there. Also it was mentioned by another member that the cracks were from the screws that hold the chome on and had nothing to do with the gray plastic. I checked my grilles and he is correct. All the grilles that are cracked. have large 1/8 screws. The grilles with the small screws with small theads are not. Thanks everyone for the input. This info may help others who care. To think taking all that time to restore your grill to just have it crack when reinstalling the chrome. And if your going to use the 340 wedge decal just paint the grille all silver. And no taping.

-
Back