The little 318 & Racer Brown's quality products

-

gagembassett

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Got the little stock bore/stock stroke 318 magnum running a few weeks ago and I have to say that Racer Brown builds the best cams out there, very happy and snappy engine.
Engine Specs:
-Stock pistons flipped w/ stock rods & crank
-Hydraulic roller .565/.565 232-232 @ .050 with a 106 LSA
-Mild home ported magnum heads with stock valve sizes
-Hughes Magnum Springs (P/N HUG 1199)
-Mild ported Professional Products Chinagap intake
-Custom built 900 cfm Thermoquad built by the TQ Guru Ken Manley in Canada
-Will get long tube headers when it goes into the '75 Duster

(P.S. I only ran it for the minute and 16 seconds of the video so no harm done with no radiator setup

Last edited:
Got the little stock bore/stock stroke 318 magnum running a few weeks ago and I have to say that Racer Brown builds the best cams out there, very happy and snappy engine.
Engine Specs:
-Stock pistons flipped w/ stock rods & crank
-Hydraulic roller .565/.565 232-232 @ .050 with a 106 LSA
-Mild home ported magnum heads with stock valve sizes
-Hughes Magnum Springs (P/N HUG 1199)
-Mild ported Professional Products Chinagap intake
-Custom built 900 cfm Thermoquad built by the TQGuru Ken Manley in Canada
-Will get long tube headers when it goes into the '75 Duster

(P.S. I only ran it for the minute and 16 seconds of the video so no harm done with no radiator setup

Sounds very healthy , with all of the 318 threads here, I'm sure you will be inundated with...I wish you would have dyno tested or how much HP does it make? Good job nonetheless. J.Rob

Sounds very healthy , with all of the 318 threads here, I'm sure you will be inundated with...I wish you would have dyno tested or how much HP does it make? Good job nonetheless. J.Rob
I plan to have it dyno'd in early September when the next spot is open. I'm curious myself.

Is it a magnum short block ?
Just wondering for cr reasons.

Is it a magnum short block ?
Just wondering for cr reasons.
Yessir. 1996 Magnum shortblock. The heads were cut down just a little bit when I took them in to get cleaned (can't remember how much it was a few years ago) so if I took a guess I would say around the 9.5:1 CR area

Sounds good. Jim at Racer Brown is doing a solid roller for my 416 W2 build.

Well, that's going to be a snappy ride! What brand of rollers are you using? Stock type setup with dogbones or aftermarket link lifters?

Well, that's going to be a snappy ride! What brand of rollers are you using? Stock type setup with dogbones or aftermarket link lifters?
Just pulled out and thoroughly cleaned the stock lifters. I plan to install a coil kill switch so I can turn the engine over and prime them before firing so I don't beat the heck out of them on startup

-
Back