The Quiet Flowmaster?

-

Longgone

John/68 Barracuda & Dart
Reaction score
I love my car to sound good ,but I also like music and to be able to talk to someone in my car without yelling. I bought a pair of the Delta flow 50 series Flowmasters for my bb `68 Cuda because of the reduction in interior sound levels. At 2500 rpm I might as well stick my head in a bass drum. Anybody else running these have that same problem?

i have no experience with these mufflers, but generally quiet and flowmaster don't belong together in the same sentence!

I'm using them and they are a huge improvement over the Magnaflow's I had before, I've got a pretty good stereo but I never use it; I prefer to listen to "my motor run". Peace

I have 50 series delta flows behind my ~375HP 360 with 2.5" pipes and a X-cross over. I have virtually no interior resonance and the car is quiet enough at cruising speeds to carry on a conversation comfortably. This set up is much quieter than the dual 18" glass-paks that I had behind the \6 that was previously in the car.

I also have a 50 series delta flow SUV muffler (thicker than a standar 50 series) on my Dakota and inside the cab it's no louder than stock.

If you want something quieter the 70 series big block muffler would likely be the way to go.

You could always try adding some good insulation under your carpet. I'm looking at the Dynomax mufflers ultraflows myself, just trying to get a few more responses around the web.

Dynomax Super turbo's are the ones I use on the 69 Dart.
Not to loud until you get on it! I had Flow master's once....

69 Dart GTS 340 727 3.91 8.3 1/8 mile Drag Radials

I have a fully mandrel bent 2.5 exhaust system with an equalizer going to tailpipes and factory styled tips, and also a fully insulated interior. I`ve got to say it sounds bad a** sitting at idle or when you put your foot into it ,but that resonance at cruising is awful.

does the noise fade away at about 40-45mph? if it does i feel your pain. i just got the tti 2.5 x system on mine and it is loud inside until it reaches about 40-45mph then it quiets right on down. i have had many different type of exhaust systems before, but none have done this. reminds me of a header exhaust system i had on a 69 chevelle ss. pipes exited just behind the door with straight thrush mufflers. very loud!

Yeah ,it does disappear below or above 2500 rpm, but it`s like my car is tuned to the same frequency as the mufflers between 24 and 26 hundred rpm. Sounds like a B-17 in the backseat. I guess like dgc said , I could go with the 70 series to quiet it down but then I`d feel like an idiot buying the same part twice.

-
Back