The Right Hobby?

-

cuda66273

Reaction score
Interesting article from TTAC "The Truth About Cars" Looks like were all in the right hobby....

Hagerty suggests that collectors take a look at some of Mopar’s other famous ilk, too. When the “financial flexibility” of Boomers took a hit in 2008, muscle car prices took one right to the groin. Still unrecovered, you can pick up some of the most sought-after vintage American iron for a lot less than before. Good condition 1971-1972 Dodge Challengers can be had for $18,300 with a mid-range 318-cubic-inch V8. 1968-1970 Dodge Chargers are also on the rise. Modest examples can be found for $26,100, with the expectation that the value should only increase over the coming years. Base models with automatic transmissions should drive that price, and overall desirability, down. Similarly, anything original with an R/T badge or the right paint scheme can dramatically raise a vehicle’s value.

However, if you have gobs of money to spend and are a Mopar loyalist, why not invest $233,000 into a 1970 Plymouth Superbird? While they can be found for less, spending more for a pristine and complete unit will save you from hunting for expensive rare parts and place you in a better position once you decide to auction it off. Classic Chryslers, Dodges, and Plymouths are all appreciating more swiftly than the other domestic badges and this is one example you might be able to flip for a colossal profit in only a few years.

Its the right hobby all right, for me by the time I could afford 30K for a car I am hoping will appreciate, I won't live long enough to see the benefit.
I guess it could go to the estate-------------For me it is any obscure care that I can work on for the therapy value----------------

Its the right hobby all right, for me by the time I could afford 30K for a car I am hoping will appreciate, I won't live long enough to see the benefit.
I guess it could go to the estate-------------For me it is any obscure care that I can work on for the therapy value----------------
Its the right hobby for me. I enjoy building my owns cars my way. I like to see how I can modify them to look good but different then everyone else. Plus to go and fun with them. I really enjoy taking them to track and someone always said your crazy for racing this car.

My neighbors trip out on me....
Yesterday the guy across the street saw I pulled my transmission out and asked what's up?
I said I'm rebuilding it.....he asks - you know how to rebuild transmissions? I said nope!

It's a passion...not a hobby....

Jeff

goo
My neighbors trip out on me....
Yesterday the guy across the street saw I pulled my transmission out and asked what's up?
I said I'm rebuilding it.....he asks - you know how to rebuild transmissions? I said nope!

It's a passion...not a hobby....

Jeff
good answer Jeff. You can do it.

-
Back