The Slant or the 318. I started it..gonna finish

-

Alsdartgt

Reaction score
Well I got a lot of useful information but after about the 5 page I lost interest due to the petty bickering! So to the real folks that cared enough to give me helpful information ...I want to say Thank You! I have decided to sell the 1972 Duster in the condition its in. I am going to buy a 2nd gen Camaro with a generic small block. Paint it orange or red with black stripes and just sell out!
Please keep this forum fun and useful!

Well I got a lot of useful information but after about the 5 page I lost interest due to the petty bickering! So to the real folks that cared enough to give me helpful information ...I want to say Thank You! I have decided to sell the 1972 Duster in the condition its in. I am going to buy a 2nd gen Camaro with a generic small block. Paint it orange or red with black stripes and just sell out!
well im sorry to hear u have to sell ur duster

Wow, that must have been a real helpful thread lol.
bud did u get my PM ?

...I want to say Thank You! I have decided to sell the 1972 Duster in the condition its in. I am going to buy a 2nd gen Camaro with a generic small block. Paint it orange or red with black stripes and just sell out!

Tongue in cheek?

Exactly what I would have done after that thread too! Hahaha or build a turbo honda:D

Thanks Guys! I WOULD NEVER sell my Duster! I just asked a few questions then it got childish! I am going to keep my Duster and I will keep it a slant! It works great and I have a 67 Dart thats getting a 412! I have friends that own Camaro's, Mustangs, Pontiacs ...Well you get the picture! We are all CAR guys no matter the make! I am sorry that the thread went sideways!
I will got some photos up soon off both my A Bodys! You guys rock!
P.S. No 2nd Gen camaro in my future!

You know thats not nice to trick us .... man its not ur falt that thread went that way .. there bout 100 diff thing u can say here that will make one go side ways just so u know man .. see like some thing like this ...ha we win hes keeping a slant 6 ... that could set the v8 guys off lol so we cant say stuff like that u know .any way all joking aside have fun when ur here if u need some thing or dont know how to work some thing hit me up and i will see if i can help ya !

for the record, i said some jacked up things in response to your statement about selling the duster for a chivvy , but then i edited my post. i am suprised this did not end up a bash thread. good luck with your duster and the six is as good as a V8. at least you are keeping it all mopar

Thanks Guys! I WOULD NEVER sell my Duster! I just asked a few questions then it got childish! I am going to keep my Duster and I will keep it a slant! It works great and I have a 67 Dart thats getting a 412! I have friends that own Camaro's, Mustangs, Pontiacs ...Well you get the picture! We are all CAR guys no matter the make! I am sorry that the thread went sideways!
I will got some photos up soon off both my A Bodys! You guys rock!
P.S. No 2nd Gen camaro in my future!

Don't know if this will help you achive your goal,but it's what I've got waiting to go together for my '69 Dart !!

Aussie 4 barrel intake
Holley 600cfm carb
Aussie 6 into 2 headers
High Volume Oil Pump
Cylinder Head (waiting on Frank)
Head Gasket
Intake/Exhaust (Romac)
Offy Polished Valve Cover
K1 Forged Rods and Pistons
ARP Main,Head Studs
Oil Pan and Valve Cover Studs
Double Roller Timing Chain
Romac SFI Dampner
MSD6a
Mallory Unilite Distributor
Offenhauser 4bl
Hooker SC Headers

Good luck with your project !!

Thanks agian! The Camaro thing was meant as a joke! I am a Mopar and Ford guy! Dont hate but I like em both! I drive em both! Right now I am focusing on my Dart! the 408 is coming together The custom ground cam will be on my door step by Friday!
The Duster is safe in my car port and will go out Sunday for the car "cruise" that all my car guys do before the game!
Hey..73AbodEE..... No worries about what ever you would have said! It would have beat the crap out of what kinda crap was said on my original post! BUT I kinda do like the early 2nd gen Camaro! Just so ya know!

Doctor Dart, I didnt trick anyone! I asked for some help I got good info then it all went side ways! No worries I am not here to be "that guy" with the turbo "honda" Sorry If you didnt get what I was trying to say!
I am always up for help and information! As we all should be! Not one person knows everything! Thanks guys!

So glad you will have a /6 in the family
I am sold on the best engine made :cheers:
Here is one of Franks ready to go heads new larger valves, seats. New springs seals and guides, about a 40k shave, If I remember right I can't wait to make my next move :glasses7:
But it's hard to remove a perfect running head that has only 66k on it

Attachments

• Got to to what ya gata 004.jpg
    143.2 KB · Views: 156
  • Picture 222 089.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 156
Doctor Dart, I didnt trick anyone! I asked for some help I got good info then it all went side ways! No worries I am not here to be "that guy" with the turbo "honda" Sorry If you didnt get what I was trying to say!
I am always up for help and information! As we all should be! Not one person knows everything! Thanks guys!
nah man i was just messing with ya lol nice friendly poke lol :blob:

Nope! Its all good! Love the car As soon as the weather improves a bit it will be out as will my Dart!

So glad you will have a /6 in the family
I am sold on the best engine made :cheers:
Here is one of Franks ready to go heads new larger valves, seats. New springs seals and guides, about a 40k shave, If I remember right I can't wait to make my next move :glasses7:
But it's hard to remove a perfect running head that has only 66k on it

I could come out to Arkansas and buy that head from you if you really don't want to take off a perfectly good head !!! I'm waiting on one from Frank also !!!

-
Back