The "Vaanth Thermo-Quad Guide"

-

Vaanth

Reaction score
Hello FABO,

I recently joined and introduced myself in the Welcome Wagon forum. This post is about fuel related information, specifically Thermo-Quads.

I wrote "A Carter Thermo-Quad Guide" in 1998 while on the Mopar Mailing List. It is a pure text document. It was fairly comprehensive, but had some gaps and some errors. I have since re-written it. The re-write is significantly expanded, with the gaps filled and errors corrected.

The updated Version 2 of the document, still in pure text form can be found at A Carter Thermo-Quad Guide, Version 2.0.

Another version in a basic web/HTML form can be found at A Carter Thermo-Quad Guide, Version 3.1.

Both of these versions, plus the original version (Version 1), and a simpler alternate HTML version (Version 3.0) are located at Vaanth Thermo-Quad Guide Site, along with some other Thermo-Quad reference information.

These are hosted on a Google Sites page. Google Sites is not ideal, but it is free, mostly works, and is relatively reliable. These updated versions are essentially complete. A possible future, fuller featured, Version 4 may be added later.

FYI,
Gary aka Vaanth

A few of my Thermo-Quads:
PXL_20240826_163545455.jpg

Two NOS OEM application Thermo-Quads, and one near NOS Super-Quad. I ran the Super-Quad temporarily, then replaced it with another NOS Super-Quad with some modifications.

Welcome! And thank you for all your work. I have done the same on some Carter 4 barrel carbs (not published), but nothing like your work.

You can still post on the MML Gary.

Welcome to FABO, from one old MML'er to another.
:lol:

Thank you for contributing to the knowledge base on these carbs for the mopar community.

Your efforts are much appreciated.

Edit. Also these carbs were oem in Australia on Ford V8's

Thank you for contributing to the knowledge base on these carbs for the mopar community.

Your efforts are much appreciated.

Edit. Also these carbs were oem in Australia on Ford V8's

The Australian Ford applications, and the lone US 460 Ford application, are also covered in the updated versions. International Harvester applications too.

An interesting feature of the original Comp Series TQ #4XXX. It is one of very few carbs that takes the idle fuel direct from the fuel bowl & not after it has passed through the main jet.
A couple of Weber performance models also have this, the DCOE & IDA

Thanks for writing the original and updating it.
Your time taken on this has lead it to be “THEY” go to TQ guide.
Welcome aboard and thanks for the updated version.
This helps us n a huge way.

-
Back