Thinking about Electric cut outs

-
.......most Mopar guys don't want to use power adders
Boy! Isn't that the truth.

Quick! Give me a list of ten fast 10.5 tire Mustangs......OK, Great.

Now give me a list of ten fast 10.5 tire Mustangs with NO power adders.

I'm still waiting.........

No obsession here, and the topic hasn't been derailed, just trying to keep facts straight for the original poster, if I owned a current pro stock car I'd drive it on the street lol!

OldManMopar, your Duster is sweet, I haven't been racing lately, concentrating on my son's schooling and travel sports. I'm currently building a 500" 72 Duster with no roll cage or altered wheel tubs, just want to cruise and blow the tires off frequently. I might come to the Nats to watch my friends race though, I'll come say Hi.

Edit: I know Ross, him and his Dad are great, I really don't see them very often though. They've had some nice cars and trucks.

I'm leaning towards the Badlanz cutouts, they have a warranty and seem to have a good reputation, good price also. I had decided on DMH but I've read a couple bad reviews so now I don't know.

That's just your opinion but I do agree that it's pretty dorky to pull into a car show with them.
There's a local guy that uncaps his at every car show and it runs high 13's, doesn't sound good at all. I guarantee one of my motors would sound good uncapped but I still wouldn't use them in certain places.
There's a ton of high dollar drag cars, street rods, and road racing cars that have cutouts, the problem is that most Mopar guys don't want to use power adders, cutouts, cowl hoods, custom camshafts, they just wanna stay old school which is fine, you have to do what makes YOU happy.

I've always been a muffler guy, here's a video of my old Dart at Thompson Raceway, pump gas motor, no power adders, 10.5 tires......

Thompson 11-1-09 9.90 through the exhaust system, Pypes Race Pro mufflers - YouTube

Holy moly that sounds great. What's under the hood?

Holy moly that sounds great. What's under the hood?

It was a pump gas 500" big block Mopar with Pypes Race-Pro 3.5" mufflers. It went a best of 9.82 and I never did get the X-pipe installed, my previous car had an X-pipe with Magnaflow race mufflers and it really sounded nice.

-
Back