Thinking of selling off everything?

-

67/6barracuda

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
7D54507A-8172-42D0-8B4E-3D1C2D2885EB.jpeg
I’m losing my mind right now, I’m trying to survive a financial hardship, as I transition out of the military. The only thing I can think of is selling everything I own. Having said that, I got someone looking at my ATV tomorrow, next is the barracuda. Problem is I have no idea what it’s worth. I’m a realist and know I won’t get a 1/3 of what I put into it. Body is ****, but has a ton of new parts such as suspension, pst bars, espo springs, disk brakes all around, tubular upper a arms, new PUI seat upholstery. 727 I just rebuilt shift kit, 3kptc converter, only took it for a drive to the exhaust shop. Rebuilt steering column, 4 new Cooper cobras, way to much to list. It needs quarters, trunk extensions. The floors are ok could use small patch work. The rest of the body is rough. Motor is a 360, small extreme energy cam, Ld4b intake, edelbrock 600cfm, dual exhaust, 8.8 rear end with new trac loc relocated 1/2” with doctor diff shackles. 15x9” rear cop wheels 15x7” front, 340hp manifold driver side magnum manifold on passenger. New mini starter. I have a ton of extra parts. Airgap intake, j heads, headers, Extra k member, quick fuel carb, lower control arms, etc. Would I be better off parting it out or selling as a whole? What would you say it’s worth? A starting point.

I won't put a number on the car, but from my experience, these A-bodies are worth more in parts then they are as a complete car. The problem is the time and energy to do the work to part it out. The choice is yours...

A fastback barracuda brings more money than your average A body. I would sell it as a driver. Then sell your parts later.

You got no place to put it for a while? Till you get back on your feet? U-haul tow dolly to some family? If you are hurting for money, you are going to take another loss blowing it out.

Really sorry to read of your hardship. I will say this. If that car was on here for sale, it'd have a 10K price tag.

Oh and if you need some storage space, you've been here. Bring it on down. I caint keep it inside, but you can get a car cover and have a piece of yard.

They say the economy is good, not for me. I must of put in 40 applications had 1 interview. That one fell through they never called. I been doing construction and facility management my entire military career and after retiring I’m struggling to find work. Looking at minimum wages jobs now just to get something.

You got no place to put it for a while? Till you get back on your feet? U-haul tow dolly to some family? If you are hurting for money, you are going to take another loss blowing it out.
Im going to try and hang on to it, it’s a matter of cash flow thats the problem.

Last edited:
I don't know what to tell you what your car is worth. Just wanted to say that it bothers me as an American that you have to go through a financial hardship transitioning out of the military.. nobody doing so should be in a tough financial spot.
Hope things work out for you.

Thanks, but’s it’s my own fault, my wife and I had a really rough year moving from Florida to Georgia. Now that we are here it’s been nothing but struggles so I decided to retire. Thinking it would help with the family life, that was a mistake just made things worse. If I was close to a base I wouldn’t be having issues with employment. Plenty of contract or federal employment by the bigger bases.

I tried selling my duster when going through hardship and no one wanted it, no one even inquired about it. It was listed for $8500, it runs, drives, no rust, turbocharged. Just needed a new crank, some body work and paint. I decided to make it pretty and change the crank despite having no time or money. It’ll sell after that.

Dang man. Sorry to hear.

Check out USA Cares. My wife has been a volunteer case reviewer with them for years. They offer financial assistance to military folks.

For jobs, network network network. I'm a Crossroads Career Network volunteer and networking continues to be the best way.

Put out 400 applications. Get on LinkedIn and network in the different military/veteran groups.

Do you still have the business card from that movie set guy we met at Summit? Contact him and ask if knows anyone hiring or if needs anyone.

Contact Lucasgroup in Atlanta. I used to be a recruiter for them. If you call, ask for Jim O'Neil and tell him I referred you. They place military folks into civilian jobs.

Stay positive...you will find a job!!

PM me if you want to talk more.

Have you thought about going back to school? Use chapter 33 post 9/11.

Or get a federal job

Have you applied for a service connected disability? If so How’s the VA claim going?

Or sell enough stuff to move to a better place with more opportunity

Is it possible to join the reserves/guard?

you can’t be that bad off with a retirement check coming in.

Thanks, but’s it’s my own fault, my wife and I had a really rough year moving from Florida to Georgia. Now that we are here it’s been nothing but struggles so I decided to retire. Thinking it would help with the family life, that was a mistake just made things worse. If I was close to a base I wouldn’t be having issues with employment. Plenty of contract or federal employment by the bigger bases.

There's always Robins AFB.

View attachment 1715463121 I’m losing my mind right now, I’m trying to survive a financial hardship, as I transition out of the military. The only thing I can think of is selling everything I own. Having said that, I got someone looking at my ATV tomorrow, next is the barracuda. Problem is I have no idea what it’s worth. I’m a realist and know I won’t get a 1/3 of what I put into it. Body is ****, but has a ton of new parts such as suspension, pst bars, espo springs, disk brakes all around, tubular upper a arms, new PUI seat upholstery. 727 I just rebuilt shift kit, 3kptc converter, only took it for a drive to the exhaust shop. Rebuilt steering column, 4 new Cooper cobras, way to much to list. It needs quarters, trunk extensions. The floors are ok could use small patch work. The rest of the body is rough. Motor is a 360, small extreme energy cam, Ld4b intake, edelbrock 600cfm, dual exhaust, 8.8 rear end with new trac loc relocated 1/2” with doctor diff shackles. 15x9” rear cop wheels 15x7” front, 340hp manifold driver side magnum manifold on passenger. New mini starter. I have a ton of extra parts. Airgap intake, j heads, headers, Extra k member, quick fuel carb, lower control arms, etc. Would I be better off parting it out or selling as a whole? What would you say it’s worth? A starting point.

what’s the offset on those rear wheels

Dang man. Sorry to hear.

Check out USA Cares. My wife has been a volunteer case reviewer with them for years. They offer financial assistance to military folks.

For jobs, network network network. I'm a Crossroads Career Network volunteer and networking continues to be the best way.

Put out 400 applications. Get on LinkedIn and network in the different military/veteran groups.

Do you still have the business card from that movie set guy we met at Summit? Contact him and ask if knows anyone hiring or if needs anyone.

Contact Lucasgroup in Atlanta. I used to be a recruiter for them. If you call, ask for Jim O'Neil and tell him I referred you. They place military folks into civilian jobs.

Stay positive...you will find a job!!

PM me if you want to talk more.
I still got his card and did reach out to him, he referred me to a carpentry union which has some sorta buy in up front. I’ll have to take another look at it.

I don't know anything about unions. It's been 39 years since I've been in one! The buy-in part sounds fishy though.

Or get a federal job

Have you applied for a service connected disability? If so How’s the VA claim going?

Or get a federal job

That’s just it, my retirement check doesn’t kick in till march and it will cover my mortgage so I won’t be homeless LOL!!!

I got a bachelors degree in business management and mostly construction experience.

I do have my post 9/11 GI Bill hoping to save it for my two boys, worst case I’ll go back to school. I haven’t even got my return on investment for my bachelors degree.

I’m still waiting to hear back on VA disability but not counting on it.

keep it. Get your mind straight and beat the bricks. You are what good employers are looking for, you just haven't found them yet.
You need to remember who are and where you've been, make use of it. Positive use.
Good Luck Brother
Semper Fi

Too bad your in the Peach State, Lotsa work in Texas, Plant manager asked me friday if I knew anyone that needed a job, said they can't find anybody mechanically inclined.

My company loves Vets too, They need another team member assembling packers for the oil patch.

That’s just it, my retirement check doesn’t kick in till march and it will cover my mortgage so I won’t be homeless LOL!!!

I got a bachelors degree in business management and mostly construction experience.

I do have my post 9/11 GI Bill hoping to save it for my two boys, worst case I’ll go back to school. I haven’t even got my return on investment for my bachelors degree.

I assume you've done the home improvement thing with Lowes, Home Depot and the like? Those two are noted for hiring veterans.

hate to tell you this but you had to have transferred your post 9/11 education benefits by now. There are rules for transferring it to kids or spouse. I transferred mine last year to my wife and I had to extend my enlistment to have 4 years retainability and I believe you can’t have over 15 or so years time in service and transfer. But check on it anyways.

service connected disability claims are supposedly more streamlined and quick on decisions but appeal the % for more no matter what. They’ll always low ball you.

-
Back