Those that have used a 440 distributor adapter for a low deck...

-

6-david-5

Mopars under construction
Reaction score
Has anyone used the adapter for installing a 440 distributor on a low deck?

It makes me wonder if there would be any problem with oil getting to the lower shaft bushing and causing a long-term durability issue.

Has anyone noticed any ill-effects using this adapter set-up?

David

Mopar performance used to sell em all the time. I kinda doubt they would sell something like that if there were lubrication issues with the shaft.

The oil should splash up there easily, just a half inch difference. If the shaft is early it should have a spiral cut to help the oil get up there.

We had no problems running RB distributors in B blocks in our SG/SST cars years ago.

Mopar performance used to sell em all the time. I kinda doubt they would sell something like that if there were lubrication issues with the shaft.

They sell junk *** camshafts now so you have to be careful.

I am not a big MP fan, distris are stock with ligh springs but the adaptors work! Never got why not to put the right one in if you spend 70 or so You could have a shaft change, easy to do. for less then the adapter Then is the curve right for your motor...….Oh wait it ius from a 440 right has to run better!

Used the adapters for years still have one laying around no problems using them.

Never got why not to put the right one in if you spend 70 or so You could have a shaft change, easy to do. for less then the adapter Then is the curve right for your motor...….Oh wait it ius from a 440 right has to run better!

Halifax
Through the good fortunes of swap meet finds, I've been able to get the adapter, then the hold-down bracket. I've probably spent $25 or so! I also have a 440 with a distributor that I curved on an Allen Synchrograph years ago, and now I have a way to attach it to a low deck project if I'm so inclined. Since there is a consensus that adaptation brings no ill-effects, and I know the advance curve, then it makes perfect sense for me to proceed if I want to. I hope that explains things.
David

Last edited:
Spent less than $35 for a number of mine.
Bargin hunt...

-
Back