Throttle Bracket

-

FASTBACK340

Legandary Member
Legendary Member
Reaction score
I was looking into one of those stainless steel high mount throttle brackets that's availible for our cars. Mine is hacked up pretty good and the more I make her nice, the more I want to replace the cheesy crap. I saw one on e-Bay, but it's almost $70, PLUS shipping!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7927309157&category=42604

You know the seller..... and I never realized how bad they must be paid to hawk stuff on e-Bay like that.

Anybody know of a SANE source for this piece?

Thanks gang! :thumleft:

Those are made by AR Engineering and the retail price shown on the website is $80 for that setup. The distributors price on ARE parts aren't that great, but I think Rick gets a lot better deal than the regular distributors. I'm a distributor for ARE and my cost with the shipping factored in is less than $10 under what his starting price is.

That's the exact setup I have, bought from Rick on eBay. It's really a pretty nice piece, and I thought the price was reasonable. I use the Lokar trans kickdown cable with mine.

200410134544331689930671.jpg

HawaiiDuster said:
Those are made by AR Engineering and the retail price shown on the website is $80 for that setup. The distributors price on ARE parts aren't that great, but I think Rick gets a lot better deal than the regular distributors. I'm a distributor for ARE and my cost with the shipping factored in is less than $10 under what his starting price is.

So what your saying is I should deal with Rick? I know it's a slick piece and I need it....

Oh well, it's only money, right Kev? :D

I might have one more on hand, if I do I could get it to you for $65. I know I have a few B and RB set ups, but the small block sets don't stay in stock very long.

HawaiiDuster said:
I might have one more on hand, if I do I could get it to you for $65. I know I have a few B and RB set ups, but the small block sets don't stay in stock very long.

Let me know. Does it include the return spring set-up like in the auction? I'll have payment out this afternoon if you do. :thumrigh:

Thanks!

It's the exact same setup as the auction. I thought I gave the last one to Billyb but if have one more. If you want that one let me know, I'll also have more in a couple weeks.

HawaiiDuster said:
It's the exact same setup as the auction. I thought I gave the last one to Billyb but if have one more. If you want that one let me know, I'll also have more in a couple weeks.

Deal. You have a PM :thumleft:

I have a used one if anyone wants one. It won't fit my Indy set up. I had to get a different one. $30 plus shipping. No springs

personally i think i would go with the lolar set up... its alot cleaner looking to me... the pic. below is the set up plus the kickdwn set up also...

49243675.jpg

Thats the same one that Onehellofadart has on his car. Looked to be a nice piece.

Yup and the more useless the info the more likely I am to remember it.

I had that Jeg's thingy on my car. I hate it :x pain in the a$$ to get the carb off and it broke my speedo cable. Noooooo not in the driveway or my garage. 5 freakin miles from home. Anyone want it? ZEATER will probably make you a heck of a deal on it.

-
Back