throwout bearing

-
Sure;
If it's smooth and you can feel the resistance to turning offered by the grease inside, and it's not barfing it's grease out , then I'd reuse it. But for me my best time to drop my pipes, drop the GVOD, and drop the trans is 17 minutes, so I'm willing to trychit.

Sure;
If it's smooth and you can feel the resistance to turning offered by the grease inside, and it's not barfing it's grease out , then I'd reuse it. But for me my best time to drop my pipes, drop the GVOD, and drop the trans is 17 minutes, so I'm willing to try chit.
Ha and yes you have concrete and a trans jack!!!!!!

That record was set, in the summer that I had that trans out maybe half a dozen times, making mods to street slick-shift second and third,as well as to run synthetic,and still have it shift at 7000.
It was set using a drive-on hoist, and by this time I knew every tool I would need, so they were all on the tool-cart.
And finally, this was with a Passon aluminum case, and the GV aluminum tail;so tranny was at 85# with oil, and therefore no trans-jack required.Plus I was 10 years younger,lol.
I never could make it like synthetic all that much. I currently run 50/50 ATF/80W90 gear oil.It shifts like lightning.It works really great with 100% ATF, but that's hard on the cluster-pin.So I put some EP oil in there to ease her pain.As to shift-speed, I couldn't really tell the difference anymore, the slick-shift mods were far more effective than I imagined they would be.

That record was set, in the summer that I had that trans out maybe half a dozen times, making mods to street slick-shift second and third,as well as to run synthetic,and still have it shift at 7000.
It was set using a drive-on hoist, and by this time I knew every tool I would need, so they were all on the tool-cart.
And finally, this was with a Passon aluminum case, and the GV aluminum tail;so tranny was at 85# with oil, and therefore no trans-jack required.Plus I was 10 years younger,lol.
I never could make it like synthetic all that much. I currently run 50/50 ATF/80W90 gear oil.It shifts like lightning.It works really great with 100% ATF, but that's hard on the cluster-pin.So I put some EP oil in there to ease her pain.As to shift-speed, I couldn't really tell the difference anymore, the slick-shift mods were far more effective than I imagined they would be.
/////////////////////////
I've had mine out and back in in under 2 hours. That's a 55 year old shade tree mechanic working alone.

at 70, it take me 2 hours just to get my *** back up once I am under the car!! OK so I exaggerate, 1 hour!!

Last time I had to stick a 100 lb 4 speed back in, with the engine in the car, on dirt floor, with a woreout floorjack, I told myself, it will never happen again!!

at 70, it take me 2 hours just to get my *** back up once I am under the car!! OK so I exaggerate, 1 hour!!

Last time I had to stick a 100 lb 4 speed back in, with the engine in the car, on dirt floor, with a woreout floorjack, I told myself, it will never happen again!!
At 64 I'm catching up to you. But Dirt floor? I have to agree;
"it will never happen again!!"
Except I was maybe in my 30's when I said that,lol

-
Back