Tick you off when

-

six pack

Reaction score
Took car for maiden romp, got back oil leaking fron filter WTF, change the oil and filter and check it again :evil: damn, leaking fron new oil pump. It's always something :x

Well if nothing went wrong, we wouldn't have excuses to work on our cars and replace the "broken" parts :wink: Like "the engine is running rough, I need a new carb" or " its leaking oil, I need a new cam and bigger pistons" :D

it's allways something is right is right! i put my 68 gts on the road lastweek drove it for 1 hour parked it and noticed tranny fluid leaking :evil: well i guess its time to pull it and put that new front pump seal in,on a good note i get to buy a new jack to do it :D

Im just waiting. I know the maide voyage is going to be disapointing, with oil leaks and such. She will go out for an housr and the come back in right on the jack stands for a good check to make sure nothing has gone a miss.

Chad you'll be fine! Just watch the valve cover's to make sure they seal. I hope you used cork gasket's. No big deal though, get all the bug's worked out before you install your TTI's

I finally have zero leaks! :lol:

if there were absolutely no problems... wouldnt that kind of worry you? i mean, you take it out to see how well you put it together.. oh, this problem, fixed.. oh, this problem, fixed. then you feel like you totally finished it.. (so to speak, you know :) )

well i can say the engine has a few hours on it now and NO LEAKS :cheers: maybe i did something right, just wish I could say the sam for my tranny guy. Lesson learned if you have an 833 and you walk into a tranny shop and they dont know what an 833 is from the start go somewhere else.

Man you are right when you say there is always something to make you mad in the face. I installed an air gap intake on the 340, then aluminum Mopar Performance valve covers. I cracked the valve cover right at the top front bolt because it did not fit up against the intake properly. I had to use liquid aluminum to repair the crack and to get it to quit leaking and then notch the valve covers with a dremmel. Don't know if anyone else has run into this but beware, nothing I hate more than having oil spash around on a detailed motor :puker:

BARRACUDA340S said:
Chad you'll be fine! Just watch the valve cover's to make sure they seal. I hope you used cork gasket's. No big deal though, get all the bug's worked out before you install your TTI's

I finally have zero leaks! :lol:

now that is an accomplishment....................im finally there too. i still hop out ouf the car though to check under it after i drive any given distance away.

I remember I was goint to start a thread that said "Why do I enjoy this hobby" or something like that. Took my cuda out to show some people for the first time hour later went to leave and I had a pond underneath my car of trans. fluid. I knew that the guy before me stripped almost every bolt on the pan, but it still pissed me off never been anywhere to as close as that before. Also seems like everything the previous owner did to the car is done wrong in some way, so I go through every inch of the car and fix things when I can. This hobby is still worth it. Just have to remember the first time I got on the car after new engine. When it made my neck sore for a little while :mrgreen:

Hope to get mine back today but it wont surprise me when it doesnt happen. i want to kill this tranny Guy.

-
Back