Time to clean out the shed

-

64conv65hard

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Like the title says, "time to clean out the shed", and I'm wondering what's the best way to getting rid of the 1964 273 that came out of my Barracuda. It is complete but needs to be rebuilt. Spun the #7 connecting rod bearing coming home from a meet years ago. Should I list it whole or part it out? Thanks........Kevin

it's worth more parted out...yep piece by piece. otherwise it's virtually a boat anchor...UNLESS you have someone really close to you that needs one.

you will get more for the rocker arm assemblies, lifters and pushrods than for the whole engine and a much better chance of selling them if you consider freight. Even money on the forged crank if the spun bearing in #7 did not hurt it.

Last edited:
I wouldn't call any small block Mopar a boat anchor.

I wouldn't call any small block Mopar a boat anchor.
try and sell a whole 273 non commando 2 bbl on this site and you might change your mind. I have 13 of them all commando engines of various years. They are my favorite engine of all time but I know my audience.

try and sell a whole 273 non commando 2 bbl on this site and you might change your mind. I have 13 of them all commando engines of various years. They are my favorite engine of all time but I know my audience.
I won't change my mind.

I've noticed that from your posts...BULLHEAD LOL...Have a good day Rusty
Yeah, you could say that. I just consider any small block Mopar a good engine. If it's at least a buildable core.

Unless you want to get stuck with the leftovers, sell the whole motor for what the.. um "good parts" are worth. :thumbsup::lol:

Someone on here was looking for a 273 under WANTED.

List it if you don't want to mess with parting it out. Shipping is the the problem.

-
Back