Tire Size Calculator

-

Duggie

Reaction score
I got lost in the weeds reading about what rims and tires fit inside the early A body wheel wells while reading about rear end conversions. Then I bought (and anxiously awaiting the shipment) of a '64 Dart GT \6 vert and noticed it had 17" tires on it. Pic below.

While trying to figure out what's going on, I came across this graphic illustrated tire size calculator. A speedo error chart towards the bottom of the page also reminded me I will probably need to re-gear the speedo.

Hope this helps other people like me who are better off with a picture to color. Ha!

165/80-R13 vs 205/60-R17 Tire Comparison - Tire Size Calculator | Tacoma World

IMG_5224.jpg

I got lost in the weeds reading about what rims and tires fit inside the early A body wheel wells while reading about rear end conversions. Then I bought (and anxiously awaiting the shipment) of a '64 Dart GT \6 vert and noticed it had 17" tires on it. Pic below.

While trying to figure out what's going on, I came across this graphic illustrated tire size calculator. A speedo error chart towards the bottom of the page also reminded me I will probably need to re-gear the speedo.

Hope this helps other people like me who are better off with a picture to color. Ha!

View attachment 1715547993
Im lost in the weeds right now. I have a 64 dart gt with the original 13's. What did you end up doing? Brake conversion requires 14+ rims

[/ATTACH][/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
Im lost in the weeds right now. I have a 64 dart gt with the original 13's. What did you end up doing? Brake conversion requires 14+ rims

[/ATTACH]
[/QUOTE]
What size are you thinking? 14-17?

[/ATTACH]
[/QUOTE]Mine came home with 17" rims, front disc brakes, drum rear and an 8 1/4" 2.45:1 rear end.

View attachment 1715547993
The rubber that came with it is 205/50R17. I replaced the rear springs and after replacing the rubber in the front end, had the torsion bars set to FSM specs with the front end alignment. No rubbing issues.:)

-
Back