Today's "thrilling" white knuckle "almost a boat ride" LOLOL

-
New boat better.

LOL. I'll have to do "something" with that trailer if I keep it. The bunks are one issue, it's a REAL light trailer, and higher off the ground than either of the others. This means of course you gotta get the truck deeper to float the thing. launchin' is not the problem LOLOL!!!

(Actually it is. The one little lake, Fernan, you have to "ease" down the bumpy bumps at the end of the ramp. You can't get deep enough to float it, it's too "flat" at the ramp.)

LOL. I'll have to do "something" with that trailer if I keep it. The bunks are one issue, it's a REAL light trailer, and higher off the ground than either of the others. This means of course you gotta get the truck deeper to float the thing. launchin' is not the problem LOLOL!!!

(Actually it is. The one little lake, Fernan, you have to "ease" down the bumpy bumps at the end of the ramp. You can't get deep enough to float it, it's too "flat" at the ramp.)
sounds like that trailer is perfect for our lake
it seems the water level has risen a solid 2 feet over the last year

I'd say 90% of the docks are below water

My old Sears trailer was a tilt. Worked pretty well in the shallow waters........
upload_2020-7-3_20-46-12.png

upload_2020-7-3_20-39-22.png

This trailer tilts as well but it's over 7" higher off the ground than the one under the 14'. I "made a deal" with a neighbor. He bought "cheap" a big old tub, I think 18 ft with a 225 Blahuick v6 outdrive. It's junk. but it has a dynamite trailer. He as a 78? Nova he wants to get running and I told him I'd take care of that in trade for the boat and trailer. This one might be the most difficult one yet I've taken to the dump. I told him he'd have to give me a hand with part of sawing it up. So, hopefully that will be the lower---and roller bunks---trailer for the new boat. It should help a lot

Well things lookin' better. Unfortunately the camera died. Took it out yesterday, got it loaded on the "roller" trailer instead of bunks and shoved it RIGHT off there into the poor ramp at Fernan. Played with tilt and it REALLY likes to be out in the furthest "up" hole. Feels much better, and speed went from 30-31 to 34-35 Today, I decided to fix the wiring. Some dummie put the wiring DOWN IN THE BiLGE instead of running/ tying it up in the sidewall. I'm in the middle of THAT at 11AM and it's headed for 90F today

IMG_2621cs.JPG

Last edited:
Thanks. I'm trying to pace myself it's warm today. I "think" I'm on the downhill side. The thing was wired stupid, and likely been that way since new. There is no good "port" to bring a harness up front into the dash area. The tops of the side panels are very tight and are right next to steering. So I cut a scrap of old vacuum cleaner hose for a conduit, and snipped the panel "U" shaped up in the corner under the dash. I'm not spending a lot of time or money on this, I may not keep it. Just cleaning up what's there, re-terminating ragged connections, and laid in a few extra conductors. One might be used for temp alarm which is not wired up. Go figure..........they have a pilot lamp for the bilge pump but not engine overtheat!!!

i just got my pop's old 16 ft dorset sammon pink/white with a rebuilt 75 hp johnson hanging on it . it has been in the garage since 1975 . this would be a great piece for a 61 or 62 chrysler wagon in sammon pink / white . or maybe my 60 d100 in turquoise n white . got that d100 and the boat n trailer . this would look great with a vintage boat hanging on the hitch .

DSC04066.JPG

-
Back