Tonneau connection on back seat top

-

Bobacuda

Reaction score
Is the aluminum strip that holds the tonneau cover on the back seat to of a 67-69 A-Body the same as the one on an E-Body?

I would suspect the E-body part is wider, but it might be the same extrusion pattern. But you know, I can't recall ever looking closely at the one on an E-body. I should look at my collection of show photos.

Here's a photo of an E-body. Looks essentially similar. It would just be a question of the length of the piece.
PICT0143.jpg

B87330F9-6D76-4CCF-AF4B-AE63D8EEECED.jpeg
40DA305C-A0FE-4BD2-802E-30D31F7DD6BD.jpeg
I don’t have any from an A-body. The two attached photos are from an E-body.

I just looked at mine. it is 42-1/2 inches measured on a straight line, but it isn't straight at all — the entire length is curved, and the curve is tighter near the ends. The E-body piece in my photo looks very straight, at least in the center. I am going to say that it is definitely not the same part. Whether it could be adapted, I can't tell.

Thanks for looking. I’ll find an A-Body piece eventually...or I’ll get creative.
Thanks again,
Bob

I know a guy who is parting out a convertible. Ryan Barsness, in Minnesota. Don't know if he's on this site.

I know a guy who is parting out a convertible. Ryan Barsness, in Minnesota. Don't know if he's on this site.
I’ve contacted him. Waiting on some photos and prices.

-
Back